Odd Texture Issues

raventrigun

I am having problems like this and also happen to have buildings suddenly go transparent, armor vanish only to return after I turn around or walk around, Fences or buildings flickering until I get really close to them, white boxes that look like flashes from a distance but soon vanish, tiny white dots on objects that move as I move. Among other problem.

I am using Fallout NV 4GB Enabler, NMC's Texture Pack and ENB but I am wondering how problems like this are causes and a possible fix I run

SLI 560 TI Graphics Cards and 16 GB of Ram with my I7-2600K and a Modified ini using New Vegas Configurator

If anyone has any idea what the issue is please feel free to reply.

I can jump into the game and get other pictures if you wish.

http://i45.tinypic.com/v5zbz6.jpg

How many mods are you running? too many active ESPs/ESMs can cause strange things to happen, that said the oddities I got from too mods active didn't look like that. Have you checked other games to see if they're OK? that looks horribly like a GPU issue.

Distant flickering is called Z-Fighting, it is a problem with the engine, just things like you see windows or doors on houses flickering black or same with rocks on mountains from afar. You can't get rid of that I'm afraid. As for that texture glitch in that screenie, that looks like bad LOD generation, but then you say armor's and other stuff goes missing to?

If you have textures completely disappearing and random textures showing up on vertain things, from walls to armor, whatever, then you may have crossed the "Magic Threshold" as jim said. This is when you exceed 140 active plugins, (but not limited to active plugins, if you also have many unused ESPs in the data folder this will count toward this limit although you can use Wrye Flash to ghost the unused plugins) and the game starts to corrupt it's resources. Usually this is accompanied by missing meshes, you know, the big red exclamation marks lol.

If your experiencing ridiculous texture leaks and tearing, there are 2 common causes: You've OCed your GPU/GDDR but haven't given it enough power, too much power, and/or your GDDR is corrupting because it's running way over spec and then the second problem is you may have programs fighting for priority with the GPU in the background, casuing, again, lack of resource to the game and therefore undesired effects. These are two common things that I have experienced myself and many others too. Your problem may be different but still knowledge is power and now you know these things XDXDXD. The card could be on it's way out too lol, if you haven't already tested that.

I gotta say one thing as a matter of opinion though, ENB isn't the greatest thing to be using with NV, you may want to try out some of MGE's great visual enhancement/control mods. Find them here: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/users/1538812. Also Cinematech if you really want: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/39947

Post back and let us know how you go :).

Alright here is some information, all diagnosis requires back in forth you need information I have not posted and I can provide it, proving someone asks.

I have 98 mods installed including the DLC's and Master File

I am not running Overclocked on my GPU it is strictly stock NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti SLI setup

I have the exact same amount in my Data folder I do not have any extra *.esp or *.esm files stored in my data folder.

Armor and Buildings Go Transparent meaning I can see that they are there but they are see through, armor is also see through meaning I can see the ground through my armor. Sometimes it is Semi-Transparent meaning I can still see the armor other times it is fully disappeared but flickers letting you know that it is there.

Wondering about other games question: My GPU appears to be fine I run Far Cry 3 across 3 Monitors using SLI just fine (But don't get any ideas I am only using 1 monitor for FNV) and Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider 2013 they all run fine.

Unrelated but may be pertinent:

Upon Quitting the Game The Game Does:

(A)Crashes Despite I was the one to quit the game and give Microsoft Error

(B)Freezes the Game Upon Quitting, Task Manager Needed to End Process

I was working with someone in chat and I use FNVEdit using something like FNVmasterload or something like that and masterrestore upon renaming it back to FNVEdit and attempted to apply Filter my application crashed, same with Merged Patch

Don't know if that will help but I hope to here back to diagnosis my issue further.

Edited by raventrigun

Well, it looked good for a few seconds I noticed a bad lag that suddenly started up so I tried a clean save I proceeded out the door to find the same lag and a graphical glitch that reminds me of a problem I used to have on Skyrim seeing as all the shots I took of the glitch aren't showing up in the screenshot I am referencing my skyrim screenshots to what the problem looked like.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/914579-funky-problems-with-skyrim-and-help-with-sli-triple-monitor/&do=findComment&comment=7335264

This problem happened in Skyrim, The problem remains unresolved I ended up re-installing skyrim and had no issues since.

The glitch is the same as the pictures referenced only the laz0rbeams were grey instead of purple,blue or green

Any further suggestions are appreciated it appears that ENB was causing the transparency problem but it looks like the root of the problem is still existing.

That just looks like a bad texture leak/tearing to me, again i'm putting it to hardware and drivers. Revalidate your cache to be sure you're BSA's haven't suffered any corruption anyway.

Hey hang on a minute - Are you running NV on SLi? That'd be problem number one. It doesn't play nicely at all with Xfire/SLi. ENB will make that worse.

Well I can try disabling the SLI but I doubt it will make a difference since if I turn off SLI the SLI really isn't turned off it just goes into performance mode and works as SLI with 1 monitor instead of 3.

But I will give it a shot if nothing else I will turn off SLI hardware side and see if that works but then I have 2 Graphics cards working on the same game.

I dunno about SLi but when you disable Xfire, in my case I have 2 DCU2T 7970's, the other other card turns off altogether. On my old Rampage 4 Extreme, it had PCI switches where I could just turn them on and off at will. But didn't need to.

I know for a fact that as soon as I turned on Xfire FPS dropped heaps, water did not render, textures leaked, shaders were broken etc etc and eventually after 5 mins it would cause a CTD. Again I dunno how SLi works with the latest drivers, but if it's anything like Xfire than it's a no go :). I can guarantee you that running NV on 3 monitors in SLi will break the game. I run 3 27" ASUS VG278H's also, never with NV. You could google it if you wanted more evidence ;).

If you really have to, take a card out and try play the game. I know that's a hassle, especially if your water cooling. Otherwise you could also try disabling SLi and disabling the second card in Device Manager, be sure to get the right card though haha.

Let us know what you find :)

Ok, That resolves another issue, I am not noticing anymore crazy things in game after turning off my SLI (I found the option though it tends to lock up my PC when I turn it off and I have to restart -_- but anyway)

But I still have stuttering around buildings (IE flickering like it is low quality) and lots of white dots and the occasional white box way off in the distance. But the gameplay is smooth.

Any suggestions? I likely will head back inside the game to screen cap it.

Edited by raventrigun