Odd Texture Issues

raventrigun

Yeah get some shots if possible, I have seen similar things but a screenie would be great to be certain.

You see the white dots, it gets worse as you move around and in daylight, along but building edges flashes of light (that aren't flashes of light but white boxes that appear suddenly and give a glinting effect like the sun glinting off a sniper scope) Note: This is not my image but it is the closest I could find to show you as whenever I take a picture of it no longer shows up on the screenshot.

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac171/B_Carmine/PC/FalloutNV2010-10-2021-46-13-05.jpg

Edited by raventrigun

That's very interesting, appears to be artifacting from the GPU, likely to do with the textures. I have experienced the "Glitch" you talk about but that only ever came about for me when I pushed my 7970 over 1100Mhz. My brother has a 560Ti (ASUS TOP) I'm going to put an install in his computer and see if I can replicate these artifacts. I wonder if Z-Fighting plays a part in this.

BTW I can see the dots in the house in the distance too, more than the cart.

I will give it a shot, when I can but the Z-Fighting is the only issue I seem to have I attempted to replace the Distant LOD Meshes with HD ones to see if I could improve the abrupt loading of trees and grass in the distance, to no avail it killed my FPS outside. I figure I am likely at my graphical limit much to my disappointment you would think with 2x560 Ti Cards you could push the game more.

I will give the one card underclock a try.

@SMB92 let me know how the replication goes I am uses a ini with heavy graphical settings and NMC's texture pack (Full) if that helps you.

I've tried pushing the 560Ti to 1000Mhz but could not replicate the problem so far, with NMC's large. FPS is shocking though, but no surprise really. I found an article saying that these things happen whilst trying to run on multiple monitors as well, so it's not just limited to SLi evidently. I've got a spare 20 inch, so i'll hook that up and use it to extend the desktop and see what it does.

Z-Fighting is the single biggest graphical annoyance of the game, the higher your (object and LOD) settings the worse it gets :/. Just the way it is sorry (on behalf of Obsidian/Bethesda)

Yeah the Z-Fighting is pretty bad, I use DOF to hide it as much as possible.

And I'd like to take a moment to thank MGE and Marcurious (god rest his Nexus-account soul) for DYNAVISION!!

I am going to remove my two monitors from the back, with single card running I can't run my triple-head setup anyway (Not that New Vegas Cared I always had it set to 1680x1050) and see if that works, I eased my ini settings back a bit and see if that clears up I will post back in a few minutes of testing. And isolate what problems are still occurring and we can work from there.

Note: 5% Cutback on My Card didn't work.

Technical Notes before I jump in game: You guys wondered what default specs I was running on my cards I pulled up my Inspector and copied the data over to here to show you guys to get a better idea of what my cards are putting out right now

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (0)

GPU Clock: 823 MHz

Memory Clock: 2004MHz

Shader Clock: 1645MHz

Voltage: 1.012V

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1)

GPU Clock: 850 MHz

Memory Clock: 2100MHz

Shader Clock: 1700MHz

Voltage: 1.00V

Driver Version: GeForce 314.07 WHQL

Again SLI is Disabled Via NVIDIA Control Panel and I have unplugged my 2 side monitors leaving my main monitor attached.

Heading in game to note graphic hiccups and I will let you guys know how it goes.

EDIT UPDATE: For one I noticed I double posted sorry about that,

Upon entering the game I noticed smooth gameplay for a minute or two facing a certain direction and usually after talking to someone and then Horrible FPS that doesn't improve for a while and a moment of smooth gameplay for about 20 seconds and then back to bad FPS

Z-Fighting is still ever so present in the game (IE the White Dots version of it) the more severe Z-Fighting however is gone (IE Overlayering IE Doors Flickering and Buildings, Plants, Pipboy, Barrels, Armor, Crates, Fences all appear to have stopped randomly flickering and that is progress :D )

Random Grey Lines Coming from a Single Point and Attacking me So To Speak has also Disappeared (See Skyrim Reference Post for Example)

My Observances on this is if we can fix up my FPS Rate to a Smooth Level I can then Use DynaVision to hide the Z-Fighting, Savy?

I shall await your reply.

Edited by raventrigun