Odd Texture Issues

raventrigun

Very odd that the card wouldn't work with the underclock, oh well stranger things have happened. What's interesting is your frame rate doing what it is, I'm wondering if you have a heat issue, these artifacts you describe could well be heat related. I often wondered if the issue I had with the old 1800XT was heat related, the underclock would have reduced the temps, the issues you describe are exactly what I got on that old card with Oblivion. It might be worth pulling the card out and using canned air or a brush to clean the fan out, one little dust bunny can slow the fan quite a bit, clear any visible heat sinks too.

I will give it a shot, but I never see my cards exceed 59 C why playing any game and my fans are running at 40% Capacity.

Edited by raventrigun

I was wondering if you could help me out. I am working on a complete rebuild of New Vegas, into a complete Star Wars campaign. It will be a lot of work, its a very ambitious project, but I have high hopes that with my abilities, and the help of a few other modders I can bring this to life. Sorry to rant. The purpose of this message is to ask you about a texture issue I am having. I cant seem to figure out why some textures on my meshes arent showing up correctly. The seem to have randomly generated textures that change randomly. The textures are set correctly in NifScope and the file paths are correct. It appears to work fine in NifScope, but when I load them in the Geck it doesnt display the textures correctly. Any idea what is causing this?

I will give it a shot, but I never see my cards exceed 59 C why playing any game and my fans are running at 40% Capacity.

It's probably not that then, 59 C should be fine. Have you tried swapping the enabled GPU over with the disabled one? that could at least rule out a faulty card.

@Darthire - please stick to your own thread.

I wonder if the CPU is having trouble here. This big FPS problem sounds like a pre-rendering problem, I could almost bet in the general direction your facing when that FPS hit comes in to play there are double the polys to render. I need you to confirm this first, don't need an exact number or anything just an idea whether you think there is more going on, if you can post a screen of both directions. I really wonder if the CPU is giving bad frames to the card, i know pushing my CPU to 5Ghz rips NV apart, but 4.8 is okay. Not to mention OCing the CPU means the PCI bus gets a boost, which puts more power through the cards, although the clock stays the same. Causes lots of artifacting although my cards never reach 40c at 100% fan speed (DCU2T fans and PCB cooling are really good lol).

Disable pre-rendering in Nvidia CP, may not help but get rid of it anyway. And, you might not think this is necessary but disable AA and AF in Nvidia and in game. See if that makes a difference with the white dots particularly. It'll look terible, I know. Then just re enable AA and AF one at a time through NCP but not in game after you have had a look.

Put those fans up another 20%. 59c is not bad but just to be sure your GPU isn't "fragile". Seen some cards start playing up over 50c, just seems they aren't all made the same. I know it probably sounds silly but we'll try everything here, why not.

Post your CPU settings and also if you are using any multithread settings in the INI's.

BTW I OCed my bro's 560Ti to 1000/2700/1850 and fans at 75%, didn't have any issues. Temps hit 67c. He's on a AMD Athlon 3.4ghz dual core as well and 1066 RAM. I'ma keep trying various OC's and settings but idk if it will be fruitful.

Well upon hitting 60% Fan Speed at my Current Settings the Temperature Dropped to 29C on both cards

I have disabled all AF and AA and Pre-Loading on NCP I am also reset my INI back to the default ULTRA setting that my card was assigned to and I shall work up from there.

Posted CPU Settings:

Intel Core i7

Sandy Bridge

32mm Fabrication

Specification: Intel Core i7-2600K @3.40 GHz

Cores: 4 Threads: 8