Newbie question - overhaul

Davva

Hi there,

for the last two weeks I was sucked in the Skyrim world, sarting all over, learning new things and creating the perfect warrior. Now I am on lbl 32 with 80 one-handed, 81 heavy armor and blocking. As apparel I have an orchish flawlees armor set. Suddenly the game stopped being fun. I feel like a GOD, feels like cheating. Enemies hardly hurt me, 1 or two blows and that is it. The game on lower levels was quite challenging and gave me motivation to improve. Now... from being a Skyrim Junkie I have turned into a ... how to say it... my child was shot. Am I doing something wrong? I have only installed the 2K textures mod (although I did not start a new game - hope it doesn't affect gameplay) so no gameplay changes. Is it how it should be?

So my question is: HOW DO I FALL IN LOVE IN SKYRIM AGAIN?

I mean there was a overhaul mod for Oblivion, Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. Is there anything like this for skyrim? Which mods would u suggest for a more balanced and challenging gameplay? Is there a pack of mods or one big one?

Thanks in advance for answers

Davva

Try using Skyrim Redone and Frostfall, also, if you haven't already turn the difficulty up, playing on anything but master past level 30 is just silly. On vanilla skyrim, I can't even play the game unless its on master all the way through.

Also, texture mods have ZERO effect on your game, besides an FPS, it is impossible to damage or corrupt or even do anything to a save file with them, since they only add textures/meshes for the game to reference. Generally, ADDING a mod doesnt do anything, its when you REMOVE a mod mid game that you can mess things up. Though overhauls like SkyRe don't work with existing characters as well, but I think skyre gives you a potion that refunds your perks so you can spend them on all the new skill trees.

Honestly, looking into the "Skyrim Install Swapper" You can save your current install, then make a new one and start trying out mods on new characters, if you like some, swap back to the first and install them.

Personally Skyrim Redone is more for balanced, realistic challange, 'adept' is a bit above vanilla 'master' difficulty.

Requiem, though I've never played it, I've heard is more 'hard core' - to the point where it's unrealistic. Basically, no matter how strong your character is, you have to quick load/save every few minutes. I personally feel this takes away from the 'realism' experience.

ArtMurder,

thanks for the suggestion.

Tried "Requiem" - they should call it the "WTF" mod... quite hardcore... :D

Could u tell me shortly how to install properly "Redone"? I mean as far as I know I have to install Frostfall first?

As ArtMurder said, both those mods are fantastic. Frostfall is great if you want immersion. It can also be incredibly challenging on the Hardcore setting. Any northern part of Skyrim can turn into a death trap. For more immersion mods I would also recommend wet and cold, as it goes fantastically with Frostfall.

Yes, SkyRe is actually easy to install, I suggest installing everything, as it maximizes balance (as oppose to just a module or two) I ALWAYS install SkyRe first - then everything else, (accept just texture replacers) but if a mod always mentions that it should be loaded before or after another mod SPECIFICALLY you ALWAYS do what it says, it usually makes a big difference!

I also suggest these mods:

Deadly Dragons - Very costumizable; make dragons a minor problem, or all out warfare.

Wet and Cold + Footsteps + Frostfall = Amazing realism and challenge.

Economics of Skyrim = Ever felt you got to much gold and things costed to much, or not enough? This makes you have to scrap and earn every new item you buy.

SkyUI + iHUD = if you don't use these or know what they are, they simply make skyrim more smooth and user friendly. iHUD also adds some challange, by removing the compass, making quests harder, and turning off your 'Mid-evil GPS'

RRR + RND + RWL Realstic Room Rental, Realistic Needs and Diseases, and Realistic Wildlife loot - Makes you need food, water, and sleep, but in a totally unannoying way, plus makes diseases more threatening. RRR makes rooms cost more, and very in price, like in oblivion. RWL makes it so animals drop a more realistic amount of meat and loot, so you don't get one piece of meat off a grown bull elk.

SkyRealism - Time and Travel - makes the timescale more realistic (great for the above mods) and makes time passed during fast travel more realistic (if you don't disable fast travel with forstfall)

Dance of Death - Killmove overhaul, really cleans up this glitchy annoying feature.

RaceMenu + Live Another Life - These mods make making a new character totally quick and painless, RaceMenu allows for crazy customization and indepth color changing, including changing your characters height, head size, and bicep size! LAL lets you start your character in any number of ways, from a vampire in a secluded den, to a stranded traveler in the skyrim wilderness.

Personally, this makes them game very in depth, real, and challenging, without changing much to the look and feel of the game. (though it adds to it well)

Here is a load order for these mods I suggested.

Chesko_Frostfall.esp
Economics of Skyrim.esp
Realistic Wildlife Loot - Reduced.esp
Footprints.esp
WetandCold.esp
SkyUI.esp
iHUD.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
RRRE-Lite.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp