Skyrim infinite loading screen

millenna

It means you should spin round on yourself so that you see all the map (it will force the map to render all the terrain I think)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>im having a problem similar to this. I haven't been playing long, just about an hour in game, and completely new to PC gaming, so I might be being a bit oblivious but I get a ridiculously long loading screen, enough that it seems to be infinite. 15min + before I gave up. so I tried to alt tab out and It wouldn't let me. the only way I got away from it was using ctrl alt delete and the restart button within. when I reselected skyrim it was a black screen with a little black box (like a tiny window) in the top left corner. I truly have no clue what is going on. help? Please?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I just disabled all my mods, so im guessing one of them was causing the problem? do some mods conflict? or are some no good with a certain version of Skyrim?</p>

it would seem its the lunari race mod causing the problems... sorry I posted this without testing it all first

Edited by TheVancen

It means you should spin round on yourself so that you see all the map (it will force the map to render all the terrain I think)

that's what I think as well, but I'm not sure how that's supposed to help if you can't even leave the interior you're stuck in to do that in the outside, kind of defeats the purpose, and she seems to be referring to a map menu, and I only know of one map menu and that is the world map. She's saying make a full turn, but I'm not sure how to do that in the map. :\

1. Put the INI settings that was suggest.
  2. Load game that you saved in an interior location such as an inn (Won't work if you have infinite load outside)
  3. Press M and open world map.
  4. Press L so that the Local Map minimap disappears and you are on the World Map.
  5. Hold down right click and drag left or right (clockwise or counterclockwise) to spin the map around.
  6. Make sure you complete one full rotation (meaning you should end up in the same position as you started when you started)
  7. Close the World Map
  8. Go outside and it should work

I was skeptical at first but this has actually worked for me each and every time minus CTD I because mods.

Are any of you using SBW? (Simple Borderless Window)

I've gone through this this week, uninstalling and reinstalling mods, formating my machine, reinstalling Skyrim, cleaning masters, cleaning mods, using BOSS, making bashed patches...

Turns out it was SBW the whole time.

Also was causing CTD on save game loads.

Try without SBW if you are using it.

• 4 weeks later...

lol thanks i dont believe it when i read this post but it work for me . i was stuck in a cave after kill giant for orc and i go my 360 on map and i can go outside .... realy strange ! but it work i hope ^^ in the future too

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This fixed most instances for me:

Delete these two things from Skyrim.ini

uLockedObjectMapLOD=8
uLockedTerrainLOD=16

The values were different for me, but I was able to easily load two areas that had been giving me trouble once they were gone.