Skyrim infinite loading screen

millenna

This fix. Is f*#@in'. Devil magic!! @___@

It worked, it ACTUALLY worked.

I don't know how. I don't know why...but it does, and that's fine with me.

@Homiloko: You, sir: Thanks again for the tip (to be honest, I didn't expect much of this method, but, like I said...desperate times and all. So thanks!)

@Millenna: I owe you some indecent adult performings as thanks for fixing my game!

- X.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This fixed most instances for me:

Delete these two things from Skyrim.ini

uLockedObjectMapLOD=8

uLockedTerrainLOD=16

The values were different for me, but I was able to easily load two areas that had been giving me trouble once they were gone.

hmmm you sure about this?? (I have uLockedTerrainLOD in 8 btw)

anyone knows what do these lines precisely do, dude/s?? :smile:

P.S. btw, I had set the fMapWorldYawRange=3600.0000 in SkyrimPrefs not Skyrim ini ... I already had it in Skyrim ini ... so ... should I delete the line from SkyrimPrefs u say??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NEVERMIND!!!

Edited by cwmatt11

hi!!! i having Infinite loading screens (CTDs) at random when enter on a city like whiterun or solitude also, almost, everytime that load the game from inside the city i get CTDs, i am playing in Ultra setting, and when i set to Low its load no CTDs

any solution????????

A lot of mods installed A LOT

Enb,

and almost no ini tweak.

My system Intel i7 2.4, 6GB Ram, Ati Radeon 7970 (2gb vram)

It could also be caused by mods using "dirty edits" and such, which means load up BOSS, see what it has to say and clean the mods BOSS says need cleaning. You can use TES5edit to do this but I highly recommend watching a video guide on how to do this as there are some files you must never, ever clean and a few steps you'll need to follow to clean the mods properly.

how do I know all of this? Because I went through the same scenario with my lvl 115 character and lost it due to my own stupidity (I should not have hot swapped mods that use large scripts, animation mods and population mods...which ended up with a 150mb save game file).

Edited by diyeath

ok so this is definitly the solution for the infinite loading screen i have make 10 test with this tips and when i make the full turn of the map the game load if i don't make this the game won't load so i guess the map is the problem.

i recommand to add this line in the skyrim.ini because with this you can make a 360 degres with your mouse:

[MapMenu]

fMapWorldYawRange=3600.0000

if you don't have [MapMenu] you can add this at the end of the file, here is my [MapMenu] just for people that want it:

[MapMenu]

sMapCloudNIF=0

bWorldMapNoSkyDepthBlur=1

fWorldMapNearDepthBlurScale=0

fWorldMapDepthBlurScale=0

fWorldMapMaximumDepthBlur=0

fMapWorldYawRange=3600.0000

fMapWorldMaxHeight=130000.0000

fMapWorldMinHeight=5000.0000

My gosh this was such a strange fix, but wow it worked! Fantastic find. How did you even manage to figure this out??

• 1 month later...

Man i just spent like 2 hours troubleshooting this exact issue, and then I find this post and I read open your map turn in it - I am like wtf this is voodoo shaman dance. BUT IT WORKED! - i could load whiterun from jorvaskaar even though I ctd like 3 dozen times and couldnt load it before (unless I disable all mods). this also works for ILS from solstheim. i dunno wtf and how but it works

and I tried so many things (and yeah including enbboost etc etc and so forth)

Great thanks !

Edited by Dark_MadMax