New patch

Sayangi

I know it is still new and haven't been really tested, but I am wondering ....

When you chnage a skill to legendary it resets to 15, you get the per points back and you can level up again. If that skill reaches 100 again, then what ? can I reset it again or that is the end ? o.o

They said that the overall level cap is gone so that would mean that we can reset the skills unlimited amount of times ??????????

It appears to be that way. For laughs, I set a skill to lengedary then used the console to advance it back to 100. The option to make it legendary a second time was given. The only advantage appears to be the ability to continuing to level up by advancing skill. The legendary skill get a dragon icon for each time they are made legendary but I have not noticed any real advantage other than the ability for the character to continue to advance.

Mike

Is it just me or is this whole "making a skill Legendary" kind of counterintuitive and stupid? I mean, if I improve a weapon by smithing and improve it to Legendary level, it is top of the line with lots of damage and whatever, but when you convert a skill to Legendary, you are nerfing it back down to newbie lvl 15. How is that considered Legendary? It is just a respec, not even close to what I'd consider making a skill "Legendary". Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this way? Edited by Bundy714

Is it just me or is this whole "making a skill Legendary" kind of counterintuitive and stupid? I mean, if I improve a weapon by smithing and improve it to Legendary level, it is top of the line with lots of damage and whatever, but when you convert a skill to Legendary, you are nerfing it back down to newbie lvl 15. How is that considered Legendary? It is just a respec, not even close to what I'd consider making a skill "Legendary". Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this way?

You are not the only one thinking this way, I really dont see the use of this "legendary" thing.

I'm lvl 78 (proper lvl 78, no cheat, I use another char for cheating. but this one that I call my end game char is pure) and I have all the skills I need, dont really need to advance any further. (like why would I start advancing in destruction now?)

We already got the black book to redistribute our perk points.

Only good thing about leveling is the +10 magica/health/stamina.

But wtf, I have 100 enchanting, and with some enchant potions I can make a friggen ring that gives me +74 health and magica or stamina. I can enchant my stuff to give me hundreds of magica/health/stamina points, so +10 is nothing.

I also have like 1000 armor rating so why the frick would i wanna down grade my armor just to gain +10 health? my dragon scale armor already have a +70 health and +28 light armor enchantment on it.

I can stand and let the draugr death lord bash me for hours, they can't penetrate my armor anyway.

So why would I want to degrade my armor?

so really, the only thing that would make me as lvl 78 (still got a couple of lvls to go to the cap) are new perks.

no new perks = legendary skill useless.

Maybe I'll install it for the legendary difficulty setting though, that seem nice. :-)

My impression is that it gives you the chance to get the "legendary" enemies (at level 81) without having to max every skill. This way, you can continue to be a pure warrior or thief or mage without having break away from that purity to get those enemies.

Why use level 81 as the cap in the first place it would be much more logical to use level 100 or to uncap the leveling system altogether and leave that open ended like the rest of the game (main missons and the boring so called radiant missions)

They said that the overall level cap is gone so that would mean that we can reset the skills unlimited amount of times ??????????

I don't know what is the new cap (if there is one), but seems that you can advance way higher.

I did already reset a skill 22 times for the sake of testing and still didn't reach the cap, went to level +104 btw =o