[LE] How would I go about adding a items to an actor without it becoming incompatible with other mods?

Hello, I have a some what weird question where it may seem obvious. But it's confusing me, I'm making a mod which adds custom items to multiple NPCs in the game. But I don't know the best way to be adding them to give it the most support with other mods that may edit the same NPC.

Do I inject the item into the actors inventory with a script, if so how would I go about doing this?

Or am I free to just add it by editing the actors inventory screen.

Thank you for your help, in advance.

An option:

Create a quest, flag it Start Game Enabled and Run Once

For each NPC that you wish to add items to, create a reference alias and add the items to the alias inventory.

Make sure the NPC aliases are flagged Optional otherwise if even one cannot fill for some reason, the quest won't start.

Others might chime in with something different.

What IsharaMeradin is referring to is found here.

Click on the Quest Aliases tab, right click and create a "New Reference Alias", under "Fill Type" click the "Specific Actor" radio button then navigate to which cell that NPC is located in, then select that NPC.

At the bottom left of that same tab you'll find the inventory box for the chosen alias. Fill it with whatever you want. You'll of course have to do this for each individual you wish you alter.