SKSE issues?

mrabdominol

Hey all!

Heres the thing this morning when I started skyrim Ive got a message that my current version of SKSE isnt supporting my skyrim vetsion, ofcourse I just downloaded latest version of SKSE and installed it and I could play the game.

Then 9 hours later when I try to start it f***in same message pops up again :wallbash:

Anyone might know the issue?

This is A problem with the Avast antivirus and not either the game or SKSE - ONLY those people using Avast are affected.

Check this topic http://forums.nexusm...xe-disappeared/

Closing this as there are now 4 topics on the same problem

Bben46

I'm having the same problem,...is SKSE actually out of date and needs to be updated, or is it a problem with something else? :/ Really want to play skyrim today.

Yeah really anoying.. so what you meant is that we need to wait for a new version of SKSE? :confused:

I'm having the same problem,...is SKSE actually out of date and needs to be updated, or is it a problem with something else? :/ Really want to play skyrim today.

Yeah really anoying.. so what you meant is that we need to wait for a new version of SKSE? :confused:

Probably, yea. They update it rather fast, but I wouldn't get your hopes up about playing it in the next few days.

I'm a little confused. I went to play Skyrim yesterday and got the message saying newer version of Skyrim than SKSE. I played without my mods that require SKSE (not nice by the way).

After I finished playing I checked the SKSE site as I know they update quite quickly - New SKSE was on there, so I downloaded and installed - loaded Skyrim to test and all working ok - Closed down and went to bed.

Just went to play Skyrim tonight and getting same error saying Skyrim version newer than SKSE. So I can only assume there's been some kind of Skyrim update on Steam since yesterday, most likely a bug fix or something.

What confuses me is that when I went to Steam and checked on my "Product Updates" it should list every since patch/update that it has downloaded since original install, but it doesn't. The last "update" listed is March 2012 to version 1.5...

Hope SKSE get it updated again quickly as I can't be arsed playing without my mods again...everything seemed slow and bitty without my lovely mods.

I'm a little confused. I went to play Skyrim yesterday and got the message saying newer version of Skyrim than SKSE. I played without my mods that require SKSE (not nice by the way).

After I finished playing I checked the SKSE site as I know they update quite quickly - New SKSE was on there, so I downloaded and installed - loaded Skyrim to test and all working ok - Closed down and went to bed.

Just went to play Skyrim tonight and getting same error saying Skyrim version newer than SKSE. So I can only assume there's been some kind of Skyrim update on Steam since yesterday, most likely a bug fix or something.

What confuses me is that when I went to Steam and checked on my "Product Updates" it should list every since patch/update that it has downloaded since original install, but it doesn't. The last "update" listed is March 2012 to version 1.5...

Hope SKSE get it updated again quickly as I can't be arsed playing without my mods again...everything seemed slow and bitty without my lovely mods.

If you happend to come across the solution please share Im not really good with computers :blink:

I've just been in the chat on this forums, and people are saying that the SKSE BETA version (on the SKSE website) works with the update that just happened today.

Apparently though it "can" cause problems with Skyrim. I'm not clear if those "Problems" are temporary problems such as mods not operating correctly while using the Beta version and everything will be ok when the new full version comes out, OR if those problems are permanent, i.e. messing up core files...

I'm going to try it anyway, can always re-installed and my Skyrim syncs with Cloud, so should be able to get my saves back I guess (I hope! lol)

http://skse.silverlock.org/ for anyone else who is going to try it...

GL

I've just been in the chat on this forums, and people are saying that the SKSE BETA version (on the SKSE website) works with the update that just happened today.

Apparently though it "can" cause problems with Skyrim. I'm not clear if those "Problems" are temporary problems such as mods not operating correctly while using the Beta version and everything will be ok when the new full version comes out, OR if those problems are permanent, i.e. messing up core files...

I'm going to try it anyway, can always re-installed and my Skyrim syncs with Cloud, so should be able to get my saves back I guess (I hope! lol)

http://skse.silverlock.org/ for anyone else who is going to try it...

GL

Thank you Superman!

You saved my day :cool:

To who ever else has this problem, please list what changes you made to get his message. It may help the modders find a quick solution. *Sigh* Here are the steps to my error:

1) Installed NMM 44.3 -Check

2) Installed SkyUI 3.4 -Check

3) Installed Skse 1.6.13 -Check

4) Opted out of Beta mode on Steam -Check

5) Verify files on Steam -Check

Launch Skse (from the Skyrim directory) and receive error "Please update to the latest version of Skyrim."

All .dll files not belonging to SkyUi 3.4 or Skse 1.6.13 has been deleted. However the error still remains and if I try loading from the (normal) Skyrim launcher; all my meshes & textures are gone. Somebody needs to pay for this...

Edited by Kirkmaximus