Latest patch and Hearthfire bug?

DAVIDINTEL

After the latest patch, when I am working on building a Manor on purchased land, I can never complete the main hall. When I exit the carpenter's workbench to get more building materials(hinges, locks, etc) and come back the workbench shows no options to let me finish the hall. If I go to the drafting table it shows small house layout again, forcing me to start building from scratch. Can anyone confirm this bug?

I'm having a similar problem. I've built two of the three houses, but I can't finish Lakeview Manor. When I try to wall in the second story and build the roof, nothing happens. I finished the house in Morthal no problem, but then went to Falkreath and got no love. Really frustrating.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same bug with the dawnstar hearthfire house. I can trigger it by simply fast traveling to the house again from the same cell. I have no fix and no workaround and I have every update and unofficial patch and a very minimal list of mods. (skyui, unp, cat favorites, etc). this is my second char impacted by the bug - also happened at falkreath - and i consider the impact very significant as my L25 char has a chest with 100s of crafting supplies but no possibilty of a functioning player home except in the city. So I'm actually uninstalling hearthfire - had little interest in it to start with and none at this point.

edit: yes, uninstalling HF and starting a new game

Edited by ty369

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same problem as well. I got to the foundation in Lakeview's main hall and since then nothing would build, so I relaoded my most recent save and it gave me the Small House to build again. Despite, you know, the small house and foundation for the Hall being there. Now nothing builds, and I've poure my resources into the small house three times.

Going to test if this problem occurs at all homes.

• 1 month later...

It appears I, too, am having the same issue with Lakeview. The drafting table and work bench "respawn" with only the Small House plans available. I have tested this by removing every mod except Hearthfire and it still occurs. This reset happens with something as trivial as visiting the smelter, BUT I can stay by the drafting table and workbench all day and it doesn't reset. As soon as I leave the area to do something else, boom, reset.

To resolve this, I had build my entire house with all three wings at one go. I had to use the console to get the materials, but I could smith the items I needed on the anvil and then craft them at the workbench. I was able to build my house this way. The workbenches inside don't seem to be affected and I can craft on them as needed for decorating the manor.

The console IDs are found here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Clay#Clay

The xx in front relates to the load order of Hearthfire. If you have DawnGuard installed it xx is 03, if Hearthfire is only mod then xx is 02.

(Alternatively, you can collect and carry the entire amount of materials with you to the area, but I don't have any idea how many it takes.)

To remove the workbenches after use the MarkForDelete console command.

So, build the entire house in one go, then decorate later if you are having trouble with this issue.

I have a special save file if anyone wants to try to troubleshoot it on their system and see if they can duplicate it.

Edited by alethander

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the exact same problem as, just as alethander described. I build the Small House at Heljarchen Hall in one go. When I came back later, The only think available at the drafting table was the Small House Layout yet again.

I've been saving up supplies to try to complete everything else in one go as well, hopefully this works. Very frustrating that I haven't found a better solution yet.

Edit: I finished the house and three wings, but now even the workbenches in side are re-setting after I leave and come back to the house...

Edited by mattdamauler

• 5 months later...

me too. Annoying and disappointing. No fix from the 'unofficial' patch either- my workbenches keep resetting to 'small house layout', usually if I leave and come back, but finally right before my eyes as I tried to just bite the bullet and rebuild everything.

• 5 years later...

same here.

I tried to clean my savegame with this tool: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/

After that I was able to build the three wings of lakeview manor, again, but this time it didnt reset before I finished (yay).

And I was even able to enter (was portet out some steps before the door when tried to use it before).

But Inside I had the same problem, PLUS some of the things I bought at the workbench didnt show up, especially the beds.

Any fix? LF SOLUTIONS!!!!

(Yes, I tried opening the workbench a hundred times but it always resets at the 2nd use. And yes, I use the console and have set the "settimescale to 1" which helped a bit)

Edited by Kundy