So i just tried out blender to alter a sword

lonewolfkai

Toasty! are you the one that authored Adrenaline Fueled Combat? If you are PM me about it. i gotta ask you something about a bug that keeps happening. I think i know the answer, but wanted your opinion on it too.

to go back to my topic, theres no problem, i'm just trying to alter a sword by taking a sword blade from one mod and applying it to another sword mod, but i'm no mesher. blender is waaaay beyond me. i messed around with it for hours last night even after watching tutorials and still couldnt figure it out.

lonewolf_kai, the best way to ease into modeling (with Blender) is to go through the Blender Noob to Pro tutorial. Learn the basics of the interface and basic modeling techniques. To model for Oblivion, you do not need to know EVERYTHING about Blender though. Just the key components.

Once you are comfortable with the interface and can whip up some objects (need to create about 30 to 50 objects to get a good feel for it), then start looking into Oblivion-specific tutorials.

The things you need to handle in Blender first are the following:

- Navigating and understanding the panels (not what each control on the panels do though)

- Creating basic objects (cubes, circles, blades, outlines, etc.)

- Creating UV Maps

Once you get those basics, you can then check out other tutorials to get more specifics for Oblivion-related modding:

- Importing NIF objects (armor)

- Exporting NIF objects

- Creating Collision objects

- Rigging (skinning) armor/clothing

Of course, there are many more aspects to creating a mod than just the modeling part so be sure to check out the article called How to make mods.

LHammonds

okay, thx for the advice Lhammonds. i've actually already watched a few tutorials on the basics and still have a problem with navigating around it. i want to use my mouse in the traditional sense all the time and of course that messes things up.

and sorry toasty, i wasnt sure if you were the same author or not. hes a hard one to get a hold of.

Adrenaline-Fueled Combat v2 by TheTalkieToaster

Click the "Message this User" link.

He goes by the exact same account name at The Elder Scrolls Forum.

ive tried those. he wrote back and asked me not to pm because he doesnt check them. he asked that i create a topic and that he'd see it and post there, but he didnt do that either. i'll try the bethsoft forums though. maybe he meant that site and not here.

thanks again for the help :biggrin:

Archived