Texture Bug

DarthIre

I was wondering if you could help me out. I am working on a complete rebuild of New Vegas, into a complete Star Wars campaign. It will be a lot of work, its a very ambitious project, but I have high hopes that with my abilities, and the help of a few other modders I can bring this to life. Sorry to rant. The purpose of this message is to ask you about a texture issue I am having. I cant seem to figure out why some textures on my meshes arent showing up correctly. The seem to have randomly generated textures that change randomly. The textures are set correctly in NifScope and the file paths are correct. It appears to work fine in NifScope, but when I load them in the Geck it doesnt display the textures correctly. Any idea what is causing this?

it seems to be an issue with the UV template. I know how to edit the UV in Nifscope, allowing me to move vertices and such on the texture template, but how do I actually change the texture it displays when editing the UV? It seems to be exclusive to each texture file. Is that correct to assume?

Also I have plased the ArchiveInvalidation.bsa into my directory but i cant change the fallout_default.ini. If i change it it saves as a .txt and it no longer works. Also i was unable to find the bInvalidateOlderFiles or whatever, within my .ini.

Ok even after changing the texture UV and setting my vertices and such to match the texture, and all appears well in nifscope, when i start the game it still has my texture as tho its not UV mapped correctly. Texture appears out of line and too small for the mesh.

Edited by DarthIre

I just attempted the same test with the NMM AI invalidated. Same Problem. i used the auto install so no editing was done to the ini. do i need an ArchiveInvalidation.txt to list my texture file paths? Also i edited the UV in nifscope so that the texture is mapped perfectly in my nif model, yet it seems unchanged in game. how is this possible?

Just to clarify I am no longer getting the random texture glitch. That may be a different problem entirely. But as of now, i do have the texture showing up on the in game model, it is just clearly not mapped correctly, and even when i alter the UV in Nifscope and save, it doesnt seem to affect the in game model texture mapping.

Edited by DarthIre

If the INi files are still set to read-only, nothing will change. Remove the read only flag and install again, you don't need the text file, the AII is designed to remove the need for it.

No need for a ArchiveInvalidation.txt, that was the old way that hasn't been used for years. Having NMM change it from read only should be enough. The disappearance of the random textures probably means it's working now. Can you get screenshots of the other issue? Nifskope gives me headaches but someone else might be able to tell from a screenshot what is going on.