ENB Texture Flickering?

LenaMarie

So about two weeks ago i got a Radeon HD 7970 OC and it works great, but Im having a problem in Skyrim now that I can run Ultra HD mods and ENB I've noticed using ENBs cause sky flickering, mostly if i have a fire spell out, however on some ENBs all the textures flicker badly while outside. I think the ENBs are using SSAO if that matters.

So far I havent really noticed any other glitching problems with other games, except Far Cry 3, when Im in the village there I get static flashes on the screen but only in the village. I've tried Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs and didnt notice any glitching with SSAO on there.

Basically, I need to figure out if its my new card so I can return it before the window expires or if its a driver issue.

That obviously doesn't sound like normal behaviour! I'm thinking it's more probable that you have a hardware issue with your GPU.

For process of elimination, the best thing to do is use another GPU if you have one available. If not, then perhaps disable features such as SSAO in the enbseries.ini and see if the problem persists. However if it's happening in another game then I doubt ENB is at fault, so it doesn't sound promising...

I actually tried another ENB as a test, I was originally using RealVision so I tried "The Wilds" and that ENB works fine, so it only seems to be one ENB giving a problem so far. And a small section of one game, Far Cry 3, though after some googling alot of people have that problem and its supposedly related to bad optimization from its developers. So I dont know what to think.

Try uninstalling all drivers to do with your current and last GPU and run CCleaner (this cleans out the registry), plug back in your card and download the latest drivers and see if this has fixed the issue.

Also record what temps you are getting on the games that are affected.

It is the videocard but it is not defective it is just that the fan is not set to run fast enough. See if your cards manufacturer has an overclocking tool and increase the fan speed. I have an OC 7850 and had the same issue and this fixed it. BTW, I will not ever use CCleaner as every time I use it I have to reinstall windows.

As Large said, it may be an issue with your GPU. If it's not powerful enough to process the required data, you're going to see glitches. Especially if it's overheating. Check your system temperature next time you run the game and have these issues. If it's too high you can just turn down your graphics settings to reduce the amount of stress you're putting on your system, and it wont overheat anymore.

If it is a video card issue like Veladrius said you can try Overclocking like he said, but you don't want to over-do it or else you can fry your fan. You don't want to push too much power through it. Like your GPU, if you'd rather not overclock it, you can ensure that the temperatures aren't getting too high. You can use the same precautions I mentioned above if it is.