FNV4gb + NVSE = Launcher?

FireStar999

Okay so this is starting to get f*#@ing annoying ...

I installed the latest NVSE version with the special 4gb exe and whenever I click in fnv4gb.exe , it prompts me to the launcher instead of launching the game, Which causes the game not to detect NVSE ...

And whenever I play without the 4GB Enabler, I get constant CTD's ....

So what the f*#@ am I doing wrong? ... It worked a few hours ago, it stopped working out of nowhere....

How do I bypass the f*#@ing launcher? ..

• 2 weeks later...

download the loader here

http://nvse.silverlock.org/beta/fnv4gb_nvse.zip

make shortcut of your loader in the shortcurt properties's target line add this line -nvse_loader.exe

should look something more or less like this

"Z:\Action RPG\Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition\fnv4gb.exe" -nvse_loader.exe

double click shorcut play

I did this but I still have the same effect it just says loading Fallout new Vegas an icon comes up then nothing happens any suggestions?

• 1 year later...

Run the game at least once with the stock launcher, setup your graphics options etc and actually go into the game.

FNV4GB and FNV4GB Updated work fine with NVSE, just place both the FNV4GB.exe and fnv4gb_helper.dll into the new vegas installation directory along side the NVSE files and run it. It will detect and load NVSE automatically.

The reason that launcher comes up is that your fallout NV game steam id is not the default steam id. Find the correct steam id for your game in "Steam\SteamApps" folder and pass it as a parameter to FNV4GB executable. For example in my case it is:

fnv4gb.exe" -SteamAppId 22490

Once you pass the correct id, launcher will not show up.

Edited by TaurusManUK

• 1 month later...

@OREOwnd

Try these instructions for a basic install:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/251916-4gb-fallout-new-vegas/page-138&do=findComment&comment=9732361

You can still have problems, even with a correct setup, as a result of an antivirus program preventing the FNV4GB launcher from working correctly. Couple of other things can interfere as well.