Cannot Install NifScripts for Blender

InfinityXeon

I've been trying to create a custom playable race for Skyrim, but it's come to my attention that the NifScripts Add-On for Blender did not install on my previous attempt, so I tried to download it. This time, I am having an issue downloading the file. When I try to download blender_nif_scripts-2.5.5-windows it says that I must already have Blender installed, but I've had Blender installed for months from before I was interested in modding Skyrim. When I installed it, I installed it to the defualt directory as it says it should be to install NifScripts. Anybody know how I can get around this issue?

neomonkeus, on 26 Mar 2013 - 11:38, said:

Sorry about that, nexus seems to have made junk of the link. I fixed it so that should help.

Link worked now. Thanks.

I'm almost certain that's the same download I used before.

This time I'm trying the .zip apposed the the .exe. Didn't notice the option before.

Also, it says Skyrim unsupported. I'm just going to assume that's why we change the values in NifScope. Is that right?

EDIT: This is just getting annoying. I downloaded the .zip, used the batch file, and there was an error copying the files that the console didn`t pic up on, so I fixed it. I then tried to use the add-on, and blender doesn`t know it exists even though it`s in the folder it supposedly should be in. Any help?

EDIT2: Anywhere I move the files they don`t work. I tried using the folder, I tried not using the folder, I tried putting them in different places, and nothing. The add-ons aren`t even recognized. >:(

Edited by InfinityXeon

acidzebra, on 26 Mar 2013 - 17:57, said:

When it says

Blender 2.49b Blender 2.49b

It really means you need that version. Not a later version.

So I'll have to renstalled Blender.... Thanks for the help. I was hoping I wouldn't have to reinstall the program.

EDIT: It finally worked. Thanks for all the help. I'm just dissappointed that I uninstalled the recent version then noticed that the older version installed to the x86 program files folder so I actually didn't have to reinstall :(

Edited by InfinityXeon