Help me choose the best updated Magic Mod?

Chrisfo3

As the title implies, I am coming back to skyrim and this time around I am going to play a hybrid magic/sneak type character and basically what I need to know is since DB is out and the latest skyrim version what is the best Magic overhaul mod that people use and have success at? Also that means less buggy and not alot of incompatibilites with other mods?

I see that Apoc spells seems to be popular but I plan to use SkyrimRedone as a game overhaul and it seems like from what I read that there needs to be a patch to make the 2 work sound together but if not please elaborate for me.

Midas Magic everyone complaining that its dead and just needs to be updated period, but once updated seems to be the top premier magic mod?

Yes I know SkyrimReDone adds spells but I am a spell hoarder and like many options before me, so could the community advise me on what course of action to take?

Thank You

ehhhhh.... I'm not a fan of magic mods simply because they load up your spell book only to get similar effects. If I had to choose one, I would choose this: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16225 The author seems to be active as far as I know, around the forums anyways. Again, a lot of the same or slight alterations using different elements. However, there are a lot of unique spells too. All apart of the package really.

Edit: Actually, I haven't even looked at it in a while. Looks pretty legit to me, might even download it myself. ;D

Yea that was one of the ones I was leaning towards in trying this time around but I read that it might be OP with the SkyRe mod. I will probably still try it though because I like to download mods with active authors. Thanks for your input Koradic.

There's also Phenderix Magic Evolved, which includes 272 spells. Playing a ranger, I just have the mod installed for the more practical, e.g. Fortify Smithing, Fortify Enchanting, Cure Disease, etc., all of which work just fine. In my case, most of the spell books stay in the chests they can be lifted from with the 'clean cheats' version installed. (I couldn't stand all the 'Manantis' Amabassadors and guards cluttering up every location in Skyrim.) So, needless to say, I haven't tried the vast majority of the spells and can't vouch for the mod's stability.

No idea whether or not it's compatible with SkyRe. Some commenters are apparently using the two together.

There's also Phenderix Magic Evolved, which includes 272 spells. Playing a ranger, I just have the mod installed for the more practical, e.g. Fortify Smithing, Fortify Enchanting, Cure Disease, etc., all of which work just fine. In my case, most of the spell books stay in the chests they can be lifted from with the 'clean cheats' version installed. (I couldn't stand all the 'Manantis' Amabassadors and guards cluttering up every location in Skyrim.) So, needless to say, I haven't tried the vast majority of the spells and can't vouch for the mod's stability.

No idea whether or not it's compatible with SkyRe. Some commenters are apparently using the two together.

Personally I'm anti-phendrix when it comes to his magic installations. Too many mods producing the same outcome, especially the mod where he made a copy of hogwarts...

Personal taste steered me towards the apocalypse package.