[LE] Souira Mod Help Again

Hypn0sef

Well on that note: thank you guys both so much for all the help. Everything is working in game now. Except a few scripts I need to recompile and a few other tweaks. So I went from "it's all gone" to "it's a day or two from being posted" so I'm absolutely ecstatic. I tried to play it off but having 5 months of work just break beyond repair one day was a tough pill to swallow. You're both getting major shoutouts in the credits!

FIXED IT BABY!!! It was that the WAV music files had been corrupted cause I tried to archive the BSA with "compressed" selected, which I read somewhere was better but it doesn't work with WAV files. So if anyone else gets random CTDs in rooms with custom music but all the meshes and textures are okay, that's your culprit.

I thought someone had already mentioned this earlier? Or maybe another thread? The other thing is that WAV files have to be in mono, sadly. I used some song clips as an Add-On Mod to enhance Play as a Bard, for the Drums of Panic, Flute of Harmony and Lute of Fury Bardsong effects, and couldn't use them in stereo. Sadly, I can never upload it here due to copyright.

Yeah Maxarturo mentioned it and that's what helped me eventually figure it out. I had already corrupted the WAV files at that point and didn't think it was the problem so it was stored in the back of my mind and it wasn't until I was making a new mod and tried to add one of the sound files and it said it was corrupted that the lightbulb went off in my head. Cause I thought it had to be one of the meshes but since nothing was used in every cell I just could not figure it out, but aha! the music plays in every cell. G-d I have such a love/hate relationship with modding lol.

Oh and @Dylbill you're getting a shoutout as well, sorry I didn't scroll up the thread and forgot who all helped out.

@ Shadeybladey

This is not 100% accurate, WAV files do not need to be 'Mono', but they do have to follow a specific format / set up according to what you are doing.

1) All and everything related to npc's dialogue has to be 'MONO' and the format must be as follow:

Format: Waveform Audio 16-bit Integer

Bit Rate Mode: Constant

Bit Rate: 705.6 kb/s

Channel: 1

Sampling Rate: 44.1 khz

Bit Depth: 16 bits

2) All and everything related to FXs and music has to be 'STEREO' (they can be 'mono' but it makes no sense in doing so) and the format must be as follow:

Format: Waveform Audio 16-bit Integer

Bit Rate Mode: Constant

Bit Rate: 1.536 kb/s

Channel: 2

Sampling Rate: 48.0 khz

Bit Depth: 16 bits

Attention in both cases 'Mono' and 'Stereo' the length of the file must never exceed the time limit of 55 sec, it's actually 60 but i always make them 45 to maximum 55, because 60 does also produce problems.

- If the length exceeds 60 sec the game will CTD.

- If the length is exactly 60 sec then random CTDs will be generated.

- Random CTDs will also be generated if they don't have the correct format, the game may not ctd immediately and run normaly, but it won't be a stable game.

* This is one more common random ctd issue cause by mods, incorrect file format.

The game engine is extremely sensitive when it comes in handling WAV files and it can only handle them stably when the files have the correct format and length and they are "Uncompressed"!.

* There is one more thing that escapes my attention right now.

** Also do not bother yourself with ACT I, its just a simple and amateur mod that i did as an exercise to help me remember everything related to making mods, i was absent from modding for a few years.

Edited by maxarturo