Show off your desktop

Werne

And here's my favorite (Ironman5000-like desktop :P):

Screenshot%2520from%25202013-06-25%25201

Arch Linux, one of the best programming and multimedia distributions Linux has to offer, with a touch of Cinnamon. And the wallpaper makes my wife jealous so we have sex more often, which is a big plus. :cool:

Was a bit tricky to install though (installs through CLI), fiddled with it for 3 hours till I got it the way I want (new panel theme, mouse theme, icon theme, audio/video codecs, programming tools, getting used to Pacman instead of Aptitude, etc.), but it paid off, this one is a keeper. :biggrin:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, I don't like New Vegas, I still stick with Fallout 3. To me NV is the same thing as FO3, but with a crappy storyline and nothing interesting at all. Everything about New Vegas is so bloody mystical I thought a ghost on a spring will pop out of the Courier's arse if I crouch. ;D

The only thing I like about it is the Honest Hearts DLC from which I ported a lot of things back to FO3 (like Waking Cloud as a follower), everything else is bleh. :down:

I don't know, I don't like New Vegas, I still stick with Fallout 3. To me NV is the same thing as FO3, but with a crappy storyline and nothing interesting at all. Everything about New Vegas is so bloody mystical I thought a ghost on a spring will pop out of the Courier's arse if I crouch. ;D

The only thing I like about it is the Honest Hearts DLC from which I ported a lot of things back to FO3 (like Waking Cloud as a follower), everything else is bleh. :down:

Yea, I kind of agree, New Vegas isn't as good as Fallout 3. I mean getting shot in the head twice and surviving? Who does that??? :blink:

And here's my favorite (Ironman5000-like desktop :P):

(img)

Arch Linux, one of the best programming and multimedia distributions Linux has to offer, with a touch of Cinnamon. And the wallpaper makes my wife jealous so we have sex more often, which is a big plus. :cool:

Was a bit tricky to install though (installs through CLI), fiddled with it for 3 hours till I got it the way I want (new panel theme, mouse theme, icon theme, audio/video codecs, programming tools, getting used to Pacman instead of Aptitude, etc.), but it paid off, this one is a keeper. :biggrin:

nice, nice, arch is really nice. I actually found the install on a VM more complicated than the actual installs on real machines. Currently I have a dual boot of Windows 7 and Crunchbang!

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/188/6/e/7_6_13_by_marccasper-d6cc6r0.png

I wish i could show some video on how fast my pc starts up with my new ssd :biggrin: plain old windows background, took only minutes to back up steam again onto the ssd :blink:

Edited by Thor.

nice, nice, arch is really nice. I actually found the install on a VM more complicated than the actual installs on real machines. Currently I have a dual boot of Windows 7 and Crunchbang!

I never installed any OS as a virtual machine, I either use them live, install to flash drive or if I intend to keep them, pick a HDD for it (1 OS per HDD, if anything goes wrong I can boot). Currently running 4 OS', Arch, Debian sid, Fedora 19 and Ubuntu 12.04 (mostly to test if the stuff I make works in all of them and to make/test RPM and DEB packages).

And that desktop looks like either dwm, Fluxbox or Awesome to me, not sure, I mainly use Openbox when it comes to lightweight. Also looks to me like a dual-screen setup, nice, I'd put a second monitor on my PC but I don't have room on the desk. ;D

I wish i could show some video on how fast my pc starts up with my new ssd :biggrin: plain old windows background, took only minutes to back up steam again onto the ssd :blink:

I don't trust SSDs, as soon as I saw "flash-based memory" I remembered all of the flash drives I had that died, and that's the same thing, only bigger and faster.

I transformed a screenshot I took into my desktop. :smile:

http://puu.sh/3DXB7.jpg

Nice, wish my PC is able to have that texture quality but then I'd be able to boil an egg on the GPU. I hate my graphics card.

And I switched Arch over to KDE, decided to transplant it onto my multimedia machine as a replacement for Mint, so it needed to look awesome and have plenty of fancy resource-waisting desktop effects (with GNOME 3 going to hell and Unity being a graphical monstrosity, not to mention a waste of good code, KDE was the best choice). Pic:

snapshot1.png

I like the way it looks and it performs quite well on my hardware. Seeing as how the CPU and graphics card this thing will run on are much better than the stuff it's running on now, I'd say it'll work out well. :happy:

I never installed any OS as a virtual machine, I either use them live, install to flash drive or if I intend to keep them, pick a HDD for it (1 OS per HDD, if anything goes wrong I can boot). Currently running 4 OS', Arch, Debian sid, Fedora 19 and Ubuntu 12.04 (mostly to test if the stuff I make works in all of them and to make/test RPM and DEB packages).

And that desktop looks like either dwm, Fluxbox or Awesome to me, not sure, I mainly use Openbox when it comes to lightweight. Also looks to me like a dual-screen setup, nice, I'd put a second monitor on my PC but I don't have room on the desk. ;D

I don't trust SSDs, as soon as I saw "flash-based memory" I remembered all of the flash drives I had that died, and that's the same thing, only bigger and faster.

I transformed a screenshot I took into my desktop. :smile:

http://puu.sh/3DXB7.jpg

Nice, wish my PC is able to have that texture quality but then I'd be able to boil an egg on the GPU. I hate my graphics card.

And I switched Arch over to KDE, decided to transplant it onto my multimedia machine as a replacement for Mint, so it needed to look awesome and have plenty of fancy resource-waisting desktop effects (with GNOME 3 going to hell and Unity being a graphical monstrosity, not to mention a waste of good code, KDE was the best choice). Pic:

snapshot1.png

I like the way it looks and it performs quite well on my hardware. Seeing as how the CPU and graphics card this thing will run on are much better than the stuff it's running on now, I'd say it'll work out well. :happy:

Oh yeah, KDE really is awesome. I used XFCE for the longest time after GNOME3 was released (since my computer couldn't handle) it. Wish I tried KDE earlier.

Awesome visuals and usability, plus tons of reprogrammable hotkeys for pretty much anything. The only thing I don't like is the "desktop cashew" at the top-right which can be removed with a plugin, and the whole deal with "Activities", which can just be ignored. In other words, best DE ever.