Tropical Skyrim Uninstall (I screwed up, and now I have a question)

KennethKarl

Yes, before you say anything I know what you're thinking. "Did you back up your textures?" Well the answer is quite simply, no. In my haste to see the mod I forgot to back up my textures. I decided to delete the mod because it just didn't feel right. Well when I uninstalled I replaced what I could with some huge HD texture packs I had, but am still having the following problems:

Animal textures still in tropical mod (Not that big a deal really), Certain Nordic ruins still have sandy color (not a big deal either, in some cases it looks kinda cool), Distant lands look like like plains or deserts (kinda annoying. This includes the world map), and distant trees look like 2D Nordic watch towers (Kinda really annoying, main reason I'm posting this.)

NOW! There's no way in Oblivion that I'm doing a reinstall. I have my reasons. Now I'm thinking maybe if I delete some of (a lot) of the afflicted textures from the data folder and sync up to steam the vanilla files will re-download. I'm not sure about this theory though, and would like the opinions of some of you more well versed in this sort of thing.

Will dance for help: :dance:

Well these things I must try. Thanks folks! You've all earn your kudos!

Still having a few tiny issues, but for the most part it worked, thanks guys.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually just finished getting out all the remaining ones. Was still having a few issues. No way I'm doing a reinstall!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I got question as well... I did mentioned above steps and Skyrim is back to normal... But Im stuck with having those birds from Tropical Skyrim flying all over the place... And they dont have textures and they piss me off so badly... Any way to remove them?

Nevermind :) FOund solution. stupid birds were in meshes called rock or something XD

Edited by IgnacyOrder