Corpses Become Skeletons

darlingg

Thinking about it there are already skeletons in the game that are 'movable statics' Im sure they are rigged like what your talking about there are also parts of the skeleton in the movable static list, there is 15 skeleton related statics in vanilla

Edit just looked at a nif of a skeleton they are rigged and they are the nifs used in the 'movable static' so theres your answer you can have ragdoll skeletons as statics as there in vanilla already

I don't believe they're rigged. They don't have a skeleton, any bones ( in the gamebryo sense, ie bip01 Head etc, despite some niNodes having similar naming scheme to bones) for keyframe etc, nor would there be any need to. I'd be surprised if there were, since they aren't animated. They have collision capsules, but that's typical for movable statics. Not to be overly pedantic, but it's important to distinguish between rigged and non rigged nif's and not just to prevent general confusion for other members, but also in re: to capabilities and a what we can do with the models.

They do have hinges if that's what you're referring to in re: to ragdoll physics. I suspect I could import blocks of new meshes (ie deathclaw bones, super mutant bones etc) into those capsules and hinges to make non human

bone" "marionette"s without having to muck around with their actual construction. But see below; in re: to how actual rigged models may be of use

So I was extracted meshes to start working on a desiccated deathclaw and noticed deathposes.psa. This is an animation format, although I can't figure out how to play it yet. According to some info I dredged on google it's multiple death poses with one chosen by the game engine at random at the time of death. It may end up being a complete dead end but if they can be accessed it's might be a way to get the same exact pose for different models. Just a thought.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...