Detecting Whether NPC is Using Dirty Skin?

Haravikk

Is it possible to detect when an NPC is of the "dirty" variety rather than "clean", i.e- the actor has Skin set to "SkinNakedDirty" rather than the regular "SkinNaked"?

I'm trying to apply an effect to arbitrary NPCs and would like to have it function differently based upon this difference.

Ideally I'd do this with a condition if at all possible (i.e- two different effects under a single spell) but if a script is required that's fine as well.

Neither of these skins have keywords associated with them, but I'm a bit unclear about whether skins count as worn for the purposes of WornHasKeyword and similar, or if the actor would need to be naked for it to count as worn? I really need to be able to do this regardless of how much armour an actor is wearing.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bump this, but I'm revisiting the mod where this became a sticking point, as I never figured out a way to detect if an NPC is "clean" or "dirty" as determined by this skin.

I was trying to change the appearance and behaviour of something to reflect which skin the NPC has; the only hack I found was to just filter by known "clean" actors (i.e- anyone from the institute) but this won't work with mods that add actors that aren't covered by that hack.

Are there any functions or conditions that I've missed (there's an awful lot of them, so seems likely) that I could use to tell apart actors with different specific skins? Or some other way I might do it?