Unable to loot undead, vampires, and dragons. Also can't talk to S

Clouce

So I have been searching all over for an answer to this problem and have only come up with a temporary fix. I was hoping that maybe somebody would see this and help me fix my game without restarting my current play through 50 hours in.

Basically as the title says I can not loot Daughr, Vampires, Dragons, Daedra, Falmer and probably a few other I am forgetting. Not only that but I can't talk to any of these races for quests when needed meaning I can't talk to the dragon at the throat of the world and I can't talk to Serana for Dawnguard. I have how ever found a work around on another person's thread that bypasses the problem if you resurrect your character. This only works until you reload a save however and has other side effects like disabling my perks. It has also made my teleport mod not work unless I resurrect myself first. I have tried reloading old saves and starting a new game and the problem doesn't go away. I have removed all my mods and still no go... I have pretty much done everything I can think of but a re-install, and Id really rather not restart my game, especially if it doesn't fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

i had the same preoblem but i could at least talk to npcs ,i don't know why this happens and unfortunately i don't know a permanent fix but what i did for some weeks was to whenever i killed them i pressed " console " and select the corpse and wrote " openactorcontainer 1 " and it would open the corpse inventory and i could loot them :)

hope this will help you even if a little :biggrin:

Sorry for the super late response... crazy work schedule. Any way, yeah I have been using that and it does help a bit, I am thinking of backing up my save and re installing my game and mods.... not a fun idea but would probably take less time than restarting.

• 2 years later...

SOLVED: (I hope?) I think I have solved this, at least for me. Try going into the console and do a "player.removeperk 4008a6e" which seemed to work instantly without reloading my save game. This is a perk called "Savage Feeding" but it is not the Werewolf one (40059a6) so I am not sure what it is. I overzealously added both and have had the problem ever since.

• 2 months later...

SOLVED: (I hope?) I think I have solved this, at least for me. Try going into the console and do a "player.removeperk 4008a6e" which seemed to work instantly without reloading my save game. This is a perk called "Savage Feeding" but it is not the Werewolf one (40059a6) so I am not sure what it is. I overzealously added both and have had the problem ever since.

You just saved me aprox 30 hours of gameplay! Kudos to you!

You just saved me aprox 30 hours of gameplay! Kudos to you!

Just glad I can help someone else, because it was a very frustrating problem and I did it to myself!

• 3 weeks later...

However, I never added perk 4008a6e, and when I try to remove it, nothing happens. Its there another fix for this?

I do not know. It has always been the problem for me. You can try saving the game after removing the perk, getting completely out of the game and back and see if that starts working for you. There are some extreme commands I tried in the console like player.resetreference (don't remember exactly what it was) but I wouldn't recommend them. From looking around elsewhere, I would try reinstalling your mods or doing a "player.resurrect" but I am not sure how safe that command is. My problem has always been that perk (adding it by accident) because I've not used any of the custom mods but those can cause problems too. Best of luck.

• 5 months later...

THANKS......... you solve my problem :laugh: , but the correct perk id is 03008a6e :blush: