MCM Option for Custom Text From Property?

Haravikk

So I'm trying to build an MCM menu for a mod, but I'm starting to wonder if there are some undocumented options. I'm trying to follow what's described on the mod's Github wiki but it only mentions the getting and setting of bool, float and int values.

However, I've definitely seen mods that can fill text values for controls somehow, as they contain things like NPC or item names, so it must be possible to get these values somehow?

Can anyone point me to a more up-to-date guide on creating an MCM menu that documents all of the available options, including text values?

Edited by Haravikk

I am also using MCM for some of my mods. Although, I don't know exactly how they do it, I can kind of take a guess. An interesting feature about MCM is that when you change something in the config.json file and open/close the MCM menu in game, your changes will get updated without restarting the game.

It's possible but again I am not sure that these mods have code in their F4SE plugin that modifies the config.json file on the fly and there's some kind of undocumented rerender function in MCM that is used to update the screen.

Edit: There's actually three functions in the MCM.psc file that could help you. GetModSettingString(), SetModSettingString() and RefreshMenu() meaning strings are implemented but the documentation is just old. I bet with a bit of tinkering, you can get them to work for you.

Edited by NoCashNoExp

I'm not sure if there is a better guide, but check out INI Setting Switcher: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/38002

It uses "textinput", "textinputInt", and "textinputFloat" combined with ModSettings. The wiki pages for TextInput/Positioner types aren't filled in so the above is a good mod to see at least TextInput working. Not sure if it can also be used with PropertyValueString/Int/Float.