Any mods to make the character reload automatically?

hucker75

Something in your load order is causing what you are seeing. Conflicts aren't always intuitive as some mods change things (either in the .ESP or by adding modified files) that seem completely unrelated to what it actually says on the tin.

I use MO2 (Mod Organizer 2) for my mod manager. With that I can see what files are conflicting between mods

With FO4Edit I load up my load order and it shows me conflicts within the .ESP's between different mods.

As for the mod I listed, what it allows me to do is use an MP5 (or any real life weapon with multiple firing modes - i.e. M16, Uzi, etc) like you can in real life - as those weapons have a selector switch.

When I want to use that MP5 as a sub machinegun - I hit the hotkey to switch to AUTO.

When I want to use it as a short range assault rifle - I hit the hotkey to switch to SEMI.

When I want sub machinegun-like functionality but want to conserve ammo - I hit the hotkey and switch to BURST (3 rounds are fired with every trigger pull)

Like I said earlier, the process of switching those modes forces an automatic reload - without a reload animation. That is a game engine limitation, but could be used as a kludge if you can't resolve the conflict you are having.

Edited by fraquar

Something in your load order is causing what you are seeing. Conflicts aren't always intuitive as some mods change things (either in the .ESP or by adding modified files) that seem completely unrelated to what it actually says on the tin.

I use MO2 (Mod Organizer 2) for my mod manager. With that I can see what files are conflicting between mods

With FO4Edit I load up my load order and it shows me conflicts within the .ESP's between different mods.

As for the mod I listed, what it allows me to do is use an MP5 (or any real life weapon with multiple firing modes - i.e. M16, Uzi, etc) like you can in real life - as those weapons have a selector switch.

When I want to use that MP5 as a sub machinegun - I hit the hotkey to switch to AUTO.

When I want to use it as a short range assault rifle - I hit the hotkey to switch to SEMI.

When I want sub machinegun-like functionality but want to conserve ammo - I hit the hotkey and switch to BURST (3 rounds are fired with every trigger pull)

Like I said earlier, the process of switching those modes forces an automatic reload - without a reload animation. That is a game engine limitation, but could be used as a kludge if you can't resolve the conflict you are having.

I've tried LOOT a few times to check the load order, but it's never found a problem. Not sure how your mod would help me, I'd still have to press something to reload - I might aswell just press R to reload like you're meant to. Maybe it's not mods, but something else, I've also noticed if an enemy punches me while I'm using the 5mm, it gets stuck and he has difficulty using it. I have to let go of the trigger and start it spinning up again - this is like real life I guess, knock the weapon out of your hand and you lose control of it.

Does it happen with all weapons, or just certain weapons?

The Minigun (5mm) is by design - his hitting you interrupts your firing. That is normal behavior.

I've not paid much attention, it seems so random, I notice it more on things like the missile launcher, but that's probably because it needs reloading more often. And also you tend to fire one at a time, whereas a weapon where you'll shoot several times to kill someone, the reload will occur when you try to shoot with the empty clip anyway, so you wouldn't notice the bug. But whenever I've tried to observe it happening, it doesn't happen. I'm thinking the reload can maybe be interrupted if you're shot or hit? If the 5mm is by design, why not all of them?

Edited by hucker75

Only one I ever really noticed was the Minigun in Concord - when the Deathclaw hit me I'd stop firing and have to spin it back up.

Just tested with a slow reloading weapon (Welrod Mk II) and when I fired my last shot and got hit in the middle of a magazine reload it still finished it.

Only one I ever really noticed was the Minigun in Concord - when the Deathclaw hit me I'd stop firing and have to spin it back up.

Just tested with a slow reloading weapon (Welrod Mk II) and when I fired my last shot and got hit in the middle of a magazine reload it still finished it.

Yeah they work every time I test them too, but never at an important time. It makes me think something's happening in a violent battle that's making the character forget to reload. This may be intentional to make it realistic.

As for the 5mm and the deathclaw, I get that often, but it usually takes more than one retry to make it spin again. He's probably in shock or can't get his now sprained finger back onto the trigger.