No Quest Dialogue for three mods - What Have I Done Wrong?

MyChemGams

Here's the issue: in three separate mods quest dialogue (and some quest updates) aren't appearing.

For the werewolf mod Legends of the North the old man's dialogue never showed up, so I wasn't able to begin the quest at all.

In Kvatch Rebuilt, Ignar (I may have the name wrong) approaches me to say something but when he does there isn't any text, just him looking at me in dialogue mode, then nothing.

And also, in the quest a Sanguine Howl, the mage didn't have an option for me to give him the souls and hearts I'd gathered for him.

In Reclaiming Sancre Tor, the quests don't update. I'm on the Water Warrior quest and there's no way for me to continue it aside from console commands since the NPCs don't have dialogue options for the quest.

Since all of these problems are similar I figure there must be some root issue that I've stupidly overlooked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by MyChemGams

I turned off RST and the TLOTN is an OMOD. AND - the computer I play Oblivion on isn't connected to the internet so I can't use BOSS.

Oblivion.esm

underdark.esm

CM Partners.esm

Knights - Revelation.esm

Toaster Says Share v3.esm

GTAesgaard_2.esm

X(DC)A Saints Tale Master.esm

XJog_X_Mod.esm

Kvatch Rebuilt.esm

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm

TRoN.esp

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

DLCShiverIsles.esp

Unnoficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

HoarfrostCastle.esp

Traps n Tools v1.0.esp

XAFK_Weye.esp

Chaotic Characters.esp

Stonewall Shields Improved.esp

Placable Log Traps-5218.esp

Assasin Tripwires.esp

Shezries TownMaster.esp

Ferry.esp

PrintingPress.esp

Zira's Clydesale Horses.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

Going Rogue.esp

More Valuable Gems.esp

ScaryCave-LaddieCompanionRE.esp

cidnothumpMMversion.esp

_darker_dungeons.esp

PTFallingStars.esp

_burning_kvatch.esp

_darker_nights.esp

More_Arrows_Recovered_2169.esp

fadingtorches v1.3.esp

1em_Vilja.esp

Maigrets Sable thePanther.esp

Tharanthiel_Deer_Mount.esp

ClocksOfCyrodiil.esp

Wogs!.esp

Classic Books.esp

HPspells.esp

MidasSpells.esp

Toc Toc - The Raven.esp

CRS-soundfix.esp

Necromancy Books.esp

Secrets.esp

SMOKING CITYS.esp

EM-Packdonkeys.esp

sjdDetectArrow.esp

Heylooksomebooks.esp

Screaming Mandrakes.esp

Ferryboats.esp

AveED.esp

HP Spells.esp

Knights.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

Knights - Revelation.esp

SummonUnholyOne.esp

Brew Houses of Cyrodiil.esp

goldenarrowarcheryshopfixedprices.esp

za_bankmod.esp

Bodies-B-Gone.esp

MIVs Vampire Overhaul.esp

XZOMBIES! - 28 days and a bit V3.esp

CT-Argonian Headstyles.esp

Amajor7 Imperial Furniture.esp

Housewives v101.esp

XBashed Patch,0.esp

AoshisStealthEntrances.esp

LadyDeadlock_LoveYourHorse.esp

Xthievery.esp

Oblivion Cats v0.22b.esp

Carcernus Prison.esp

Ivellon.esp

Villages1.1.esp

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp

AyleidMeteorIronWeaponsBASE.esp

XChristmasTreeV1.esp

XsinHHHans'RidableSlaughterFish EV.esp

Toaster Says Share Faction Recruitment.esp

AL_Maverick.esp

XRTT.esp

XChristmasCabin.esp

XChristmas Peaks.esp

XRC43 Christmas.esp

TSS Custom Companion Template.esp

GTAesgaard.esp

Bard of Cyrodiil 2.0.esp

CR Drauger-is-There.esp

Lobo_the_Wolf_v101.esp

Xwerewolf faction.esp

Xwerewolfaddon.esp

XTrade and Commerce.esp

DAWerewolf.esp

CM Partners.esp

CM Partners Extras NPCs.esp

DB ContinuedBeta 0.7.esp

GuildAdvancement.esp

PB_CMHorses.esp

XThePower of the North.esp

GT Aesgaard_2.esp

Gates to Aesgaard 2 Delayer.esp

AnvilDBS Continued.esp

AnvilDBSDarkArena.esp

Mages Guild Quest.esp

XMalevolent.esp

Zira's Demonic Mounts.esp

Fighters Guild Quests.esp

Kvatch Rebuilt.esp

Kvatch Rebuilt - OOO Compatibility.esp

XUnderdark Saga.esp

XStokerWolff.esp

XReclaimingSancreTor.esp

TOTF.esp

Streamline 2.1.esp

Edited by MyChemGams

Well, for starters, I'm not sure what all the Xs are supposed to mean, I would have assumed these were mods that were disabled because they were included in your Bashed Patch, but two .ESMs and the Bashed Patch itself also have Xs, so that can't be right. Activated mods, perhaps? But Kvatch Rebuilt doesn't have an X. So I'm kind of confused here.

Your bashed patch should normally always be at the end of the load order. At the very least, it should be after all the mods that it merges.

I don't see the Werewolf-Legends.esp anywhere in the list. You appear to have several other werewolf focused mods but not that one.

As late in the load order that Kvatch Rebuilt and ReclaimingSancreTor are, they shouldn't be having any problems as they don't conflict with anything below them that I'm aware of. But Kvatch Rebuilt is known to not get along well with other Kvatch mods. _burning_kvatch may be causing problems.

Werewolf-Legends.esp does on the other hand have several quest and dialog conflicts with TOTF.

I'm not familiar with how Streamline is supposed to be achieving what it claims to do, but it sounds like it could be potentially hazardous.

Other than the fact that Werewolf - Legends of the North seems to be incompatible with Tears of the Fiend, It looks like another case of turning all your mods off, selecting the ones in question and turning the others on one by one until you find the ones that are causing the problems.

I cannot use BOSS - no internet for the computer Oblivion is on (then again, I just discovered that there may be a solution for that problem, so I'll get back to you on that one). The werewolf mod is an OMOD that I deactivated. The Xs stand for disabled mods. And I use Elys Silent Voice with subtitles, so I'm sure (and I'm very sorry if I come across as snappy - I am grateful for the help).

I cannot use BOSS - no internet for the computer Oblivion is on (then again, I just discovered that there may be a solution for that problem, so I'll get back to you on that one). The werewolf mod is an OMOD that I deactivated. The Xs stand for disabled mods. And I use Elys Silent Voice with subtitles, so I'm sure (and I'm very sorry if I come across as snappy - I am grateful for the help).

If you can't use BOSS then you'd better actually learn how to sort mods properly.

BOSS does *not* require an internet connection to sort your mods. It only requires a connection to update the master list. If you can import an updated masterlist from a connected computer (via pendrive, or something) then you don't have an issue with that.

• 2 weeks later...