No Quest Dialogue for three mods - What Have I Done Wrong?

MyChemGams

You people are beautiful. <3 As soon as I figure out how to upload the masterlist, then I shall...

Can anyone direct me to the masterlist?

The latest masterlist can be found here. It needs to go in your \BOSS\Oblivion\ folder. That is the folder where BOSS is installed to, and the Oblivion sub-folder.

Okay! Just to be certain - I save the list as a .txt file and put in in my \BOSS\Oblivion \ folder?

Yes. The link is a plain text file. If you save the page in your browser, it should already be called masterlist.txt, which is what it must be called. Do not edit it!

• 1 month later...

Alright, I did as you said with BOSS (BOSS is a lovely thing.) Yet my problem remains; NPCs from specific mods don't have any quest dialogue. In Kvatch Rebuilt, Ignar Rodblock (I think is his name) comes up to me, activates conversation, but has nothing to say. This was a problem for other quests in the mod (it only started when I reached the end of the Sanguine Howl quest - the mage didn't have a topic for accepting the souls so I typed in a console command.)

For LOTN, the old man didn't have anything to say to me (no "This NPC has nothing to say to you" or any line at all, not even topic options like Rumors or anything.)

I checked installation and have reinstalled mods just to be sure, to no avail. I'm really hoping someone has an idea of what I've done to so royally mess up my game...

Do you have Shivering Isles installed? And if so, have you traveled to/from SI via any means but the proper portal? If you have, travel there (SI) via the portal and then back again. This is a known issue with SI if you travel there and/or back by any means but the portal; traveling there and back via the portal corrects the dialog issue.

I do have SI installed, but I've made a point of not even going near the door (I've become the Mad God twice over with other characters and decided I didn't want to do it again for a long while with this character.) Should I try anyways?

Is there another possible cause?

If you haven't been to SI in this playthrough, then that won't be the problem. That is only a problem when people travel there (usually by console command) without going through the portal, because the game conversation scripts check if the player is in SI or not, and doing that breaks them.

So, failing that, it must be some conflict in the mods you have that is causing this. Did you notice exactly when this happened, and what you had done/not done just before?

• 2 months later...