Mesh issue?

senterpat

Hello, I seem to have screwed up my hunting shotgun mesh or texture or something. I have quite a few weapon mods installed, tho this happens running a pure vanilla game too. The meshes on the gun flicker, and another mod using the gun texture (MCL weapon pack) has this happen for the hunting shotgun weapons.

I don't know much about textures and meshes, so any help would be appreciated. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this issue?

Is archive invalidation set correctly? If so you may want to try reinstalling your weapon mods, at least which ever ones touch the hunting rifle mesh/texture. Or you could check in FNVedit if a mod is in need of patching.

Well like I said it's messing up with only the vanilla game running. It's also showing up in the Geck the same way. And as far as I can tell it's only guns that are using the hunting shotgun mesh or texture. So when running on vanilla its only the hunting shotgun and its unique counterpart. My mod list is only at like 30 or so, but thats because I merge mods. So is it possible for a mods assets alone to corrupt a file? I removed the .nif files that I had extracted from the BSA, thinking that th BSA nif would be fine, but I still have the same issue. I'm currently removing all the assets from my mods I have merged, and will be trying a clean install of the game once thats done.

But if anyone has any ideas/solutions, please let me know, as this process is extremely tedious.

Edit: Well I didn't find out what was causing it, but I decided to try out a retexture mod and that fixed it.

Edited by senterpat