Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel Gone from the Nexus?

phoenixdownn

Easter weekend postponed me working on it some more. I have 5 kids. :biggrin: However, since Snip was use to make the files all the FromIDs were trashed. It took me longer than I thought it would. I think I have finished it but I have work tomorrow so I'll review it again and then let jjc71 know when I'm done. If I can get an e-mail from him I'll just send him the files. Sorry if it's not finished for your free day tgpomy. Also after they are done they will only be compatible with 1.8 or higher of Skyrim.

Hey don't worry about it. I'd rather wait longer and have a 100% fixed product than have a rushed and possibly still broken file. I could always take a "sick day" another time. :smile:

Edited by tgpomy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish I had more C# volunteers available to work on Snip so it could get finished and become more usable. Really TES5Edit does all the same things now and does it better. Plugin merging is possible just harder to do. If I can find some more people to work on Snip at least it won't cause so many plugin issues.

Sharlikran, out of interest --not criticism-- why does TES5Edit not detect this sort of corruption caused by Snip? Another question, if you re-save the ESM (first converted to ESP) using the CK, would that not solve the problem?

Thanks for your work on this! This mod is worth it.

Snotgurg, on 01 Apr 2013 - 14:45, said:

Sharlikran, out of interest --not criticism-- why does TES5Edit not detect this sort of corruption caused by Snip? Another question, if you re-save the ESM (first converted to ESP) using the CK, would that not solve the problem?

Dunno about the TES5Edit issue, but I remember reading that editing in Snip, at least the previous versions before 4.4.0.a (like what jjc seems to have done) causes you to lose info (around 1-9 bytes) from the file at random. When you resave in the CK the CK fills in that info with null bytes or its own info-- which likely isn't what the modder intended at first and thus corrupts the mod (bad data). So no, resaving in the CK is not sufficient to solve the problem. Of course, Sharlikran can answer this better, so I defer to him in the details.

ETA: Found the relevant post here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1399944-wipz-tesvsnip-44a/page__view__findpost__p__21489694

Edited by Luinithil

Kudos to Sharlikran !!!

Thanks for sacrificing your time.

But please also enjoy your Easter Weekend with your family.

That is of a higher importance.

You deserve a statue in the Temple of Divines ;-)

Edited by Mahlzeit88

In the meantime you can still use the STEAM version of CoT. There is even a lite version plug of the thunderstorms & lightning mod which works with this STEAM version of CoT

Why use the Steam Workshop version when the old 2.1 version on Nexus is still up? They're the same as far as I can see, minus the texture resolutions, and the Nexus one is the full version anyway.

Snotgurg, on 01 Apr 2013 - 00:00, said:

TES5Edit can't because it's all just bytes of information streamed together as one long chain of data. So there is no way to know what it should have been to start with.

What normally is done, is you test TESVSnip or TES5Edit with bethesda plugins and if you can load, save, and edit them and they are binarry equals except what you changed, then in theory your compression works right. That was the issue with the old version of TESVSnip. The compression was not working right.

I'd like a way to test it like you do when you test a zip file, but there does not seem to be a good way to test the data stream and see if it's done right. You can only make comparisions.

Edited by Sharlikran