More of a utility than mod...

SecretStash

I love to spend time recreating every NPC's face in the game using GECK, and tend to find them more more pleasing to encounter in-game. Unfortunately GECK doesn't seem to allow for accessing savegame data (which I assume is where the Player Character's face-gen data is stored). Also the 'showracemenu' command that allows you to revamp your PC's look at anytime, doesn't give you the control that GECK does (No clamping values, no advanced sliders, minimal texture options).

Ex. of my Clover mod:

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/Kevlar666/Fallout3/Fallout3%2012%2025%2008/ScreenShot37.jpg

Therefore, I request a *.FOS Editor. Simplest would be one that merely represents the data in a manner similar to FO3Edit's layout, but if someone was so skilled (and/or bored) to want to create a full graphical version that allows direct slider adjustment similar to GECK, then that would be amazing. Forgive me if something like this exists already, or if some current program (or the GECK even) allows for this, for I've yet to find it. If so, please direct me to it.

Thanks,

SecretSatsh

:thumbsup:

I think the biggest obstacle with this is that the save data isn't computer based (i don't think). My reasoning for saying this is that you can't have a saved game unless you make a windows-live/xbox live account. I can't seem to find my save data.

On the other hand, there is a mod that gets rid of the necessity of windows live. So i'm not really sure.

Anyway, i hope it fairs well for you. good luck

I think the biggest obstacle with this is that the save data isn't computer based (i don't think). My reasoning for saying this is that you can't have a saved game unless you make a windows-live/xbox live account. I can't seem to find my save data.

On the other hand, there is a mod that gets rid of the necessity of windows live. So i'm not really sure.

Anyway, i hope it fairs well for you. good luck

Save Games are located on your machine. Check in MyDocuments\MyGames\Fallout3\Saves, that's where Fallout throws mine by default. And I don't use Windows Live. (Oh yeah, I'm running XP, not Vista, if that makes a difference)

Save Games are located on your machine. Check in MyDocuments\MyGames\Fallout3\Saves, that's where Fallout throws mine by default. And I don't use Windows Live. (Oh yeah, I'm running XP, not Vista, if that makes a difference)

Vista no-live user here My saves are at "C:\Users\(user name)\Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Saves"

But even Live gamers saves are on their computers just in a different place.

BTW, Nice looking Clover :thumbsup:

@Cotton007: Maybe this will help http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/100716-1...lout-saves-back .

I just thought of another possible solution, that may even be easier to create for someone:

Instead of trying to create a whole new program or altering an existing one, maybe just create a mod that gives the 'showracemenu' the additional functionality of the GECK facegen. I know people have created mods that involve rather complex scripting and altering of menus, so maybe this route is more feasible than trying to code a whole new program. Just a thought.

Archived