Savegame made in exterior loading indefinitely

SunnyTheCat

Try this: load any save game except those that give you an 'indefinite loading screen.' After you successfully load a save game, load the save game you normally cannot. Report back and let us know what happens.

In your case the 'indefinite loading screen' for save games is caused by 'too much data', the threshold for which seems to vary from one set up to another. It can be mitigated by removing mods that add 'stuff' to the game in the cell(s) where the save game is made which produces the 'file thrashing' when trying to load the save game...textures, meshes, MOBs. Alternatively, you can just avoid making save games in the areas that you know tend to cause this problem (interior cells are generally safe).

Edited by ripple

I re-installled the game completely a few days back. Removed all the registry entries.

The issue started occuring again for no apparent reason. Currently I'm stuck in some mine. It freezes as I try to leave it.

I have been playing with Alternate Start all along ... (

Basically, it did work to load an interior cell (Dragonsreach), travel out to Whiterun, then load the savegame in that mine and travel out of it. But having to go through all that all the time just isn't an enjoyable way to play.

When looking at Skyrim process in Task Manager when this happens, its memory consumption just goes up to a certain point and then just stops. I hate it.

Yeah, that worked. I think I can live with this. Still would be good to get rid of the issue once and for all.

Seems to only be happening in Whiterun atm. Although, I haven't gotten any further in current playthrough yet. I wonder what can cause this. I disabled 'See your neighbour's houses' mod. Currently Whiterun is only altered by Whiterun trees. Weird.

hmm..guess we're in the same boat...i'm experiencing the same thing for the past 2 days..just finished a quest with farkas (slaying dragon together) return to whiterun and entering jorvaskr for asking new job...exiting jorvaskr will always stuck with loading menu..but i do always created new save especially before entering a hold. Tested multiple times with earlier save, still no matter cell that i enter in whiterun it will always gave me stuck with loading menu on exiting the cell.

Was using Review studio, so i just coc studio4 then FT to whiterun.

Did you try the strategies Ripple suggested? (Specifically, removing mods that add data until the problem does not occur? You have a bunch of mods that could be affecting this--anything that affects the water, the plants, the skies, lighting, increased people/creatures/ high-res textures, even weapons/armor. Some mods that affect textures have lower res options you might try, as well. Personally I would seriously recommend trying anything Ripple suggests might help.

Also, I would recommend going into your save game folder, and deleting everything that has a .tmp at the end. These are created often during crashes, but you can't really use them for the game, so if you computer is trying to open one, that can cause the hang. (Although not the original one--you will still need to find the root cause.)

I seem to have solved it.
What I did is I uninstalled the game and deleted everything related to it.

I installed it anew and started activating mods. 3-5 at a time. Every time I'd run the game and check if it loads various savegames.

When the majority of my mods has been installed, I made a backup of the whole game folder and of NMM Install Info folder. Then I went on adding more mods.

As soon as the issue would occur again, I'd revert to my backup. This seemed to have worked.