Help needed with visual glitch

MercerMeka

Hey guys, I hope you can help me out.

I've been having these odd landscape glitches in the Market District for along time and I couldn't find out what caused them:

https://imgur.com/a/HzOiKkG

I decided finally to reinstall Oblivion AND THE GLITCHES THEY ARE STILL THERE! :sad:

Are these bugs really in the vanilla game?

It seems to be problem with the landscape not being raised enough so that you can see underneath the street. Although if you look at the 3rd and last image it seems a chunk of the street is missing which makes no sense to me since that whole street is made out of 1 huge mesh.

This cannot be a mod problem so what can it be?

Edited by MercerMeka

How did you fresh-install your game? Any leftover files still from the previous install?
A clean Vanilla game does not have these wrong landscape mesh offsets. Only mods can have introduced that, changes to ground level and all that.

The 3rd and last image isn't missing a chunk of the street. The ground mesh is just normally way higher up, so it closes the gap off with a small grass section.

How did you fresh-install your game? Any leftover files still from the previous install?

A clean Vanilla game does not have these wrong landscape mesh offsets. Only mods can have introduced that, changes to ground level and all that.

Yes, that is what I'm thinking too which is why I'm at my wits end.

I uninstalled Oblivion using win10 remove program. Restarted the PC to clear any registry keys and such. Installed using GOTY disc's. I had some left-over files but I moved them to a different place on my PC.I did install in the same (now empty) folder but I don't see how that can be a problem.

Before installing any mods I went to the Market district and saw the glitches still there??

Edited by MercerMeka

Maybe you did spend to much time in IC in ESO?? ;) Hmm... What a mess that was as I did that daily for a couple of months... I never died so much ever in any game as I did in IC and I did ran with a big mob there...

I should take a peek myself later really if I have the same issues as I use GOG version but it shouldn't matter really.

This is the left overs from the war year 2e583 and we should be happy they managed to restore the city at all after all damage we did there that year.

50871146478_40b4ffd4a2_o.png

So if you wanna do something about it, do it - with CS. :D

Hmm, so the elevated sections with stairs always looked that way even in a Vanilla game? Why did I never see it then? But coming to think of it... I also wasn't exactly thinking of the stair-raised sections particularly. Accommodating their height-offset with the landscape mesh... yeah, no, I can easily see Bethesda slopping with that.

I definitely have to give these places a visit myself some time next and see it with my own eyes.

Or maybe I'm already using mods which fixed these holes?