Help needed with visual glitch

MercerMeka

The plot thickens.

I realized that my old saves folder and pluggy files where still there from last Oblivion Install, so I deleted the entire Oblivion folder to let the game regenerate the files. After that I went into the game and now one of the corners looks good again!?!

https://imgur.com/a/Qj21jTy

I don't understand it at all. For comparison look at the 6th and 7th image from my initial post.

Btw the 3rd image is a bonus bug I haven't been able to solve as well. It's holes in the Leyawiin wall when looking west outside. That one is even weirder since that whole wall section is one big mesh. It shouldn't be possible to have holes in it. :pinch:

I do collect loads of bones in game, mainly to make arrows with Retro's fletching, but we could fill all those gaps with different bones and sculls, to remind us of the war that did take place there. ;)

Now look at that, a geometry hole neatly filled by the raised landscape grid underneath. That's how it should be in all those places. However, with the new gaps popping up I'm wondering, did I never see them because I was always using the Unofficial Oblivion Patch right from the start in every run? Wrongly offset or dislocated objects/models are in abundance listed among the things it fixed after all.

I do collect loads of bones in game, mainly to make arrows with Retro's fletching, but we could fill all those gaps with different bones and sculls, to remind us of the war that did take place there. :wink:

Good use of bones and skulls I suppose :tongue: Hmm maybe I should take a look at that old mod again.

Now look at that, a geometry hole neatly filled by the raised landscape grid underneath. That's how it should be in all those places. However, with the new gaps popping up I'm wondering, did I never see them because I was always using the Unofficial Oblivion Patch right from the start in every run? Wrongly offset or dislocated objects/models are in abundance listed among the things it fixed after all.

I tested with UOP. It doesn't fix this.

No it will not as I use it as well as I guess you are among the few that did notice this "problem" and everyone has it.

There are still loads of old nice mods out there. I did change the bone arrow last week so I can use them again, setting the damage at it to be scaled to my best arrows and I also modified the Vampire Bane spell a lot for the wooden arrows, which I do use for Vampire hunting but the Vampires are extremely hard to get down in MOO, so I tweak that spell many many times as I do not want it OP, just balanced as I do not want to spend hours to kill one single vampire as they should get hurt a lot by wood but I did not tweak the arrow itself, only that spell that only works against vampires. I made an extra tool as well, making arrows from gem stones and Ayleid stones but I can't release it, well not without Retro's permission, well it might give ideas what you can do with it. I remade the number of arrows an use Getinputtext in the scripts so you can type the number of arrows that you wanna make but do not make more then 40 in a time until after skill 100. One thng that was a bit disturbing was the messagebox telling you that you managed to make arrows... That one I changed to message. That mod is so damn nice other wise.

It is the same with the Academy - Oblivion Magic which I did use 2008 but I do not use Destruction so much, so I made a scripted enchantment and attached it to an arrow or was it a bow? I do not remember but using the cool effects in that mod randomly on enchants where fun as you never knew what would hit the target. It is not nothing I wish to use daily though, not right now but I will reinstall that one later and also tweak each spell I like to fit proper tiers.

No it will not as I use it as well as I guess you are among the few that did notice this "problem" and everyone has it.

There are still loads of old nice mods out there. I did change the bone arrow last week so I can use them again, setting the damage at it to be scaled to my best arrows and I also modified the Vampire Bane spell a lot for the wooden arrows, which I do use for Vampire hunting but the Vampires are extremely hard to get down in MOO, so I tweak that spell many many times as I do not want it OP, just balanced as I do not want to spend hours to kill one single vampire as they should get hurt a lot by wood but I did not tweak the arrow itself, only that spell that only works against vampires. I made an extra tool as well, making arrows from gem stones and Ayleid stones but I can't release it, well not without Retro's permission, well it might give ideas what you can do with it. I remade the number of arrows an use Getinputtext in the scripts so you can type the number of arrows that you wanna make but do not make more then 40 in a time until after skill 100. One thng that was a bit disturbing was the messagebox telling you that you managed to make arrows... That one I changed to message. That mod is so damn nice other wise.

It is the same with the Academy - Oblivion Magic which I did use 2008 but I do not use Destruction so much, so I made a scripted enchantment and attached it to an arrow or was it a bow? I do not remember but using the cool effects in that mod randomly on enchants where fun as you never knew what would hit the target. It is not nothing I wish to use daily though, not right now but I will reinstall that one later and also tweak each spell I like to fit proper tiers.

Now I have 2 old mods to check out some more. I've been visiting Nexusmods/Tesnexus since 2006 almost every day to make sure not to miss any new cool mods but there are still some I haven't seen. I do the same as you by changing old mods. The old mod Class Advantages had some abilities that didn't work so I swapped them with new ones.

What do you guys think of the second bug at the Leyawiin wall?

Ahhh... Well I always make custom classes these days. I Usually did choose the thief and my custom class is named Scoundral.

That Leyawin wall is awful for sure and you will find loads of similar glitches in game like trees floating in the air or floating rocks, as only one single rock should float and that is Vivec's and Molag Bal's son they got together. Vivec's Lessons and lore is very odd . :D They do cover this extremely well in ESO really.

It is one thing when Bethesda make those glitches as they are expected really as it is impossible to cover a game that is 70% automatic generated. So they did not do it as much in Skyrim, but still, you will find such glitches there as well. Morrowind have loads. It is us that finds them, sooner or later. What I do dislike is when modder's make similar mistakes as we are not under any time pressures for releasing our stuff, which a pro game developer is, so should we really whine? I did found 1 such glitch in my latest mod that I will peek at later tonight, so I am not perfect. UOP do try to fix many glitches and they did a superb job but it is obvious they did not completed it as it is possible to complete it at all? :wink:

Edited by Pellape