Companion Looks Different in Game. Help?

KayteeG

I hope this is the correct section to post this.

Following a tutorial step by step, I created a companion of my very own. I took an existing NPC rather then creating a new one from scratch, and worked off of that. The NPC was Michelle from the 188. Going to your NPC/Companion status menu, you select "Face Advanced" then under "control type" select "Texture". There you can change skin color and makeup textures. But it doesn't show in the actual game. Only on the model in the GECK. Is there any way to fix this? Oh, and one last question. My intentions were to only select Mikoto's Beauty pack for this mod, but I accidentally selected a DeadMoney at one point. Is there a way to get rid of it without tearing my hair out?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/SpoonGoonKay/Other%20Stuff/Textures_zpsbf7378a6.png

In GECK, open mod, on right side of "Data" window, your "Parent Masters" are listed. LIke "FalloutNV.esm" and "DeadMoney.esm". Highlight master you want to get rid of. Press "Control" and "Delete" buttons at the same time should do it. There is an old saying I really like: "It's easy when you know how".
As per the ingame character and Geck character looking alike, they don't. It's that way also in Oblivion, Skyrim, and FO3. Just consider it quirks of the program. Nothing we can do about it is get as close as you can, go into game, see what you need to change, and play with the changes a few times until you get the look you want.
Hope this works, but if not, feel free to yell obscenities....