vehicles?

zmily

That would be pretty cool, but it is 200+ years after the nukes...not much would be in working order. "but" how bout an "import" of a horse from Oblivion? Horses could still be around. :thumbsup:

There IS already a model for a whole, unblemished car from Tranquility Lane... Perhaps a retexture of that would work? I don't see there being a way to make it usable as a real-time vehicle, but it COULD be used as a way to explain away FastTravel. (But, with the actual SIZE of the vehicle, that only goes so far in suspending disbelief...) A working motorcycle would be better, in my opinion, and would explain why your followers would have to come running up behind you, as there's no room to carry them along for the ride...

Perhaps you can find a working cycle that survived the holocaust in some garage, somewhere. Maybe the car dealership outside D.C., or maybe where you find the 'Highwayman's Friend' in Canterbury Commons.

Then, it's just a matter of limiting access to locations to the ones outside of the D.C. ruins (can't ride through the Metro tunnels... too many stairs and tight spaces) and working out the scripting for object removal and semi-permanent placement (and find logical locations to drop the bike on arrival, so that it's not just plunked down anywhere).

Personally, I play with FastTravel deactivated, but I DO use Enclave Commander's transportation, once I've gained access to the Brotherhood of Steel's assistance. With a "working motorcycle", I'd now have earlier access to 'Object-Limited' FastTravel (can only FT with activation of the cycle, and would always have to return TO the bike in order to FT again.) which would be a wonderful addition, both for immersion, and to help save me countless hours of self-imposed walking. Heheheh.

I heard long ago about someone attempting to implement this. I don't remember who unfortunately so I don't know if they had any success. (Probably not since were all here) Their plan was not to try to script fast travel options, but instead gives you a fully functional motorcycle that works similar to how a horse did in Oblivion (I can't remember, but I guess you could fast travel on those if the horses running wasn't fast enough for you) The bike was to have saddlebags and health (repairable with motorcycle parts + repair skill) as well. This means that unfortunately it will just skim along the surface like a horse did, not let you get major air off a ramp matrix-style.

Maybe someone new could take up this cause. I've heard porting mods over from Oblivion doesn't work too well, if it did Fallout would have 10x the mods it has already. So it would likely have to start from scratch.

apparently there will be a driveable vehicle of some sort in the first DLC release (rumor mongering, not fact) so we'll see after this and what script/code is required.

horses would make sense but Bethsoft has made it clear that we can't port the horse animations etc from Oblivion to F3 under pain of death :(

more fool them for not including a horse tbh!

Archived