Skyrim Immersive Creatures or Skyrim Monster Mod?

Kevin0904

Hello my fellow mod users,

I'm starting a new game and I am not really sure which of the two mods mentioned in the title I should use (with their replacers to be lore friendly).

Any oppinions? Don't necessarily want to use both because there would probably just be too many creatures.

Also, I'm using a lot of other mods, like Skyrim Redone, SkyTEST and Deadly Dragons, which one is better in the way of compatiblity?

Cheers

Edited by Kevin0904

Immersive monsters is the one i'm using. So far, i haven't seen alot of monsters that strike me as "lore-breaking". Sure, the draman (human skeletons with dragon heads and wings) seem a bit odd. http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/24913-2-1358715644.png

Then again, i'm not exactly high level. So it very likely i haven't seen much of the mod yet.

Used the Monster mod a while back. The one thing that struck me was the abundant use of monsters from other games. (Drowners and such from The witcher) Those clearly did not fit, which might've been the result of not using the "immersive" patch that's available for it.. But, if you like that sort of thing, i'd recommend that instead of the immersive monsters.

SkyMoMo is more for a weird variety of new things, and Immersive Creatures is more for more variety of the same type of thing already in game, mixed with some fitting new things. Some of the enemies in both are really off putting though, Immersive Creatures has 'elemental' wolves that show up even at really low levels that are annoyingly overpowered. At least, I think it's immersive creatures that adds them... XP

Thanks for the reply!
I would use the replacer for Skyrim Monster Mod (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16411) anyhow, so these kind of monsters wouldn't be a problem :wink:

I guess both of the mods are pretty equal, any difference in quality/compatiblity?

Edit: Didn't see your post ArtMurder. Sounds like Immersive Creatures is the way to go for me, but other oppinions are welcome ;) Thanks!

Edited by Kevin0904

Thanks for the reply!

I would use the replacer for Skyrim Monster Mod (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16411) anyhow, so these kind of monsters wouldn't be a problem :wink:

I guess both of the mods are pretty equal, any difference in quality/compatiblity?

I so little to no conflict with either in most cases accept with other very similar mods, but SkyMoMo has more support in general. I do have to say, a lot of monsters in SkyMoMo look kind of bad and some of the enemies feel like they have extra digits in their health stat or something. SkyMoMo adds more models to the game overall though.