I'd like a merchant to help a low-lvl char get rich

enderes

Do you ever wish that you could go through the earliest levels of the game without being dirt-poor all the time? Well I sure do! If only there was someone who could help me earn lots of money early in the game, so I could be able to afford, you know, ANYTHING. Perhaps a simple NPC merchant, who buys all types of items (weapons, armor, potions, ingredients, books, scrolls, food, AND miscelaneous), and who has LOTS of gold (5 or 6 digits worth). Maybe even one who buys stolen goods, even if you're not in the Thieves Guild (because honestly, who's in the theives guild already by level 10?)

Is there any sort of mod like this? There was a great one back in Morrowind, an Ogrim Trader named Grums O'Grimm (IIRC), who was in Caldera. But is there any mod remotely like that for Skyrim?

I'm always so limited in what I can do early in the game because I never have enough money for anything good. If I clear a big dungeon with a level 5 character, loot every single item from the place, and then try to sell it all, I'd have to make 4 or 5 trips to various merchants, because none of them would have enough gold to buy all of it, and some of them can only buy some of it (like blacksmiths will only bar weapons & armor, not potions or food, etc). And even after all that's done, I'll probably have enough profit to buy 1 piece of enchanted armor & 1 enchanted weapon, and if I'm REALLY lucky, I'll have enough left to buy small handful of healing potions.

I'm basically looking for a way to advance a new character more easily, before I could possibly get more than 2 Speechcraft perks or join the thieves guild or do quests well beyond the borders of Whiterun Hold. I know about the Alchemy-method of earning money, but the woman in Arcadia's Cauldron runs out money buying my potions before I even use all the ingredients I bought just from her. I even used the console to just GIVE my newest character a bunch of gold the other day, but it was tedious because I could only add up to 999 at a time so I had to do it over & over, and still by the time I got to level 9 I was down to my last few hundred gold, and hadn't yet bought anything that cost as much as 1000.

I don't care much about realism (the merchant can be a vampire mudcrab for all I care), but I much prefer to do things through actual game play rather than by using console commands or even cheat-glitches like "ogmna infinium." Even if it's an overpowered mod, it still feels like part of the game to me that way. And honestly, having to scrape the bottoms of every barrel & save up my cash for a whole game-year just so I can buy a horse and a couple of spells is already TOO MUCH realism. Might as well be getting Imperial food-stamps.

Just use a couple of mods to do it. Ya could use one mod that adds more money to the merchants. One that allows them to buy stolen stuff. Another to increase the sale price of items. If ya just want money then theres mods that just add a chest filled with coins. Mix and match. Rinse and repeat :armscrossed:

Just use a couple of mods to do it. Ya could use one mod that adds more money to the merchants. One that allows them to buy stolen stuff. Another to increase the sale price of items. If ya just want money then theres mods that just add a chest filled with coins. Mix and match. Rinse and repeat :armscrossed:

Ok, that's an idea. Now please provide links to the specific mods that do these things, k? Or are you just assuming that such mods exist? I don't even know if they do. I'm not very good at finding mods on my own, based just on what my goals are. I have to have a specific name to search for, or a URL to a specific's mod page; other than that I can only depend on blind luck to find what I want.

Thank you for posting them!
My search skills S. U. C. K., so I probably wouldn't've found these on my own.

I was planning to go into the game and try using the console to give my character a [bleep]load of gold, but the "100k Gold Coins Chest" sounds like a more reliable way, and can be available to any new character I make too.

I'll try the "Sexy Well-Stocked Vendors" but FYI that mod hasn't been updated for over a YEAR. If it's too horribly outdated to work properly then I'll try the "Golden Vendors" one to give all vendors 20K gold.

Also I'm glad you showed me these links because it solved a mystery that came when I was playing last fall. I had a mod that added a home (of sorts) that included a merchant with lots of gold who'd buy anything (except stolen goods), and after a while I noticed that when I tried to sell her stuff, she took the items but didn't give me any money for them. It was a HUGE annoyance, and even by then the mod had been abandoned by its creator so I couldn't get any help from the issue. But now that I've read the Sexy Vendors description, I see that it's actually a bug in the basic game itself, not the mod. That's really good to know, because I will make sure to avoid having it happen again with any other vendor in the game.

I started a new game the other day and just hit level 12. I have something like $11,000 gold. I haven't bought much other than some potions and some arrows, but I haven't looted any big ticket items either. I've been battling the Forsworn and I grab as much of their armor as I can find and then sell it. (Its base value is 100 gold and it only weighs 6 units). I am using "miner's life" and "hunter's life" mods, so ore and ingots and some animal skins are worth more. And I used "live another life" so I started off with something like 300 gold.

I don't know, it just seems weird if you are seriously poor at level 10.