Very peculiar crash in Goodsprings (perhaps other places)

JAFallout

Just picked up NV ultimate edition yesterday, so my apologies if this is a known property of the game.

Whenever I approach Goodsprings, I get a very peculiar crash: the game stops updating LODS as I come up close upon the town, and then right after I get to the first stop sign/intersection you see after coming back from Sunny's campfire tutorial (while sticking close to the bluffs on your left), the game will load them all at once and then hang up.

Currently, my only mods of any scale are EVE, Project Nevada (with extra options and DLC support), NMC's medium texture pack, Ojo Bueno objects and securitrons, New Vegas Redesigned, Mission Mojave Ultimate +, Wasteland Flora Overhaul, and compatibility patches for all of those. (I also have replacers for beards and eyebrows, but somehow I doubt those are the problem.)

Any ideas or fellow bug-sufferers? I know there are tons of people playing with all of these and more.

Running all of this on a 2.3ghz i7, Geforce 650m GT (2GB VRAM), and 8GB of DDR3. Not the best, but it'll run F3 with NMC full + maxbumpmaps with SGSSAA and Ambient occlusion forced in Nvidia Control Panel* . . . I hope NV isn't really that much more resource-inefficient.

(For what it's worth, I also found out that installing OjoBueno would do the same thing to me, resulting in an instant CTD when I tried to load the save right outside of Doc Mitchell's I had at the time.)

*well, at about 20 FPS, but without much crashing.

Edited by JAFallout

Yeah you are running out of address space. This is the reason why NV crashes after you install Ojo Bueno texture pack.

Hmm. I have the NVSE 4GB loader installed, though-- but now that you mention it, this does seem like the kind of thing that would happen if it wasn't working.

There's not anything that keeps it from working with Steam, is there? Well, suppose I'll find out if there is . . .

edit: had somehow managed to mess up the LAA enabled very, very badly. I'd imagine that's it.

Edited by JAFallout

I actually got it to work around the time I edited my post-- I was using a version of the patcher older than my version of FnV. Don't know how I managed that, but I certainly didn't download anything from an "old files" section here on the Nexus.