Defiance

hoofhearted4

so i saw a preview of the Show on SyFy the other day, thought, based on the trailer, it looked interesting. then it sais something about a game. so i went and looked them up, show first. looking at the Plot of the show it looks very interesting. somewhat like the movie District 9. anyways, i think i might look into the show. if i can manage to catch when its on, if it fits into my schedule, it may just be a nice filler until The Walking Dead returns in October.

but ofc, im not here about the show, im here about the game. i hadnt even heard of it tbh until now. it just released yesterday on April 2nd. I watched what little gameplay i found and its an MMO made by the same people who made Rift. from what i say its a Third Person Shooter MMO (perhaps with some RPG elements, i have to assume since its an MMO) idk much about the game, seems to be getting pretty decent reviews. anyone here looked into it more? played it or plan on buying it? pretty sure its a buy once game, no subscriptions, which is nice. its priced at a full $60.

so ya. anyone have any opinion or knowledge on the game? :)

I saw that too and thought it was a gimmick at first. Very interesting concept though.

I probably won't play the game though. FPS's are not something I normally play, though I do have a few on my iPad. :S

I've played the beta, and this game is pretty sweet. It's like Fallout meets Borderlands with aliens, and it's third person. There are some issues but I was playing an old build of beta so i assume they are fixed by now. I definitely recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a Letsplay video on Utube and it looked quite good at Maxed-out settings (for an online game). The gameplay was good too with a large upgrade system for weapons, perks and armor. The vehicles drove well also.

It's a shotgunfest in Defiance. The worst thing that happened recently was the major bug where a smeagol can steal your weapon. Ingame, chars will appear wielding the weapons, but one can't swap the weapon and it's gone from the list. It was affecting a lot of players and I've lost an SMG and a rifle.. not sure if it's fixed yet

Other than that bug, gameplay was awesome. A fraps explains more, just youtube the gameplay