Billionth microstutter case

ObliviousParticle

If you could post a screenshot of your game profile for skyrim on radeon pro? I still think it might help to look at that.

It'd help if you could tell me what could possibly be the problem.

Here:

http://oi46.tinypic.com/jimhqb.jpg

and

http://oi50.tinypic.com/6xx3c6.jpg

On the first one, 1 of the options got cut off. It was Anti-Aliasing and I have it set to "Use application settings".

Edited by ObliviousParticle

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what I am looking for are settings that are inconsistent with what you are trying to set in your game, or are otherwise "off."

Believe me if I had the magic answer, I would just tell you. I'm not being cagey.

Here is something I just ran across...(in the Radeon Pro users guide, here)

Dynamic Framerate Control
This feature also known as DFC tries to keep the rendering frame rate up to the limit you have specified in Keep up to field. By limiting the maximum frame rate, it is possible to stabilize some engines where frame rate varies a lot. For example, if a game is keeping frame rate between 50 and 80 FPS, you can set a limit of 45 FPS and enjoy a smoother experience due to stable frame latency. Even if the game is capable to deliver 60 FPS, DFC set to 60 FPS as target can also help by smoothing the frame latency, try titles like Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the stuttering seem on those games with plain V-sync is removed by using DFC + V-sync on.

That is under the tweaks tab, so I cant see how you have it set.

I was also considering a few other possibilities, which are under your tweaks tab. You might check to make sure you have all the cores checked under CPU affinity, that you are not forcing crossfire, that you are running high priority.

Other than that, I can only suggest trying to uncheck all of the AA-related options (though if it is set to use application mode, it seems that would be sufficient), and maybe uncheck the force triple buffering, though that should not have an effect on the game since its not opengl.

Well, what I am looking for are settings that are inconsistent with what you are trying to set in your game, or are otherwise "off."

Believe me if I had the magic answer, I would just tell you. I'm not being cagey.

Here is something I just ran across...(in the Radeon Pro users guide, here)

Dynamic Framerate Control

This feature also known as DFC tries to keep the rendering frame rate up to the limit you have specified in Keep up to field. By limiting the maximum frame rate, it is possible to stabilize some engines where frame rate varies a lot. For example, if a game is keeping frame rate between 50 and 80 FPS, you can set a limit of 45 FPS and enjoy a smoother experience due to stable frame latency. Even if the game is capable to deliver 60 FPS, DFC set to 60 FPS as target can also help by smoothing the frame latency, try titles like Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the stuttering seem on those games with plain V-sync is removed by using DFC + V-sync on.

That is under the tweaks tab, so I cant see how you have it set.

I was also considering a few other possibilities, which are under your tweaks tab. You might check to make sure you have all the cores checked under CPU affinity, that you are not forcing crossfire, that you are running high priority.

Other than that, I can only suggest trying to uncheck all of the AA-related options (though if it is set to use application mode, it seems that would be sufficient), and maybe uncheck the force triple buffering, though that should not have an effect on the game since its not opengl.

Tried it, it didn't work. Seems you've done all you could, and seems I'll be hoping a future driver update fixes it for me.

Edited by ObliviousParticle

Might sound stupid but do you have a big over filled inventorry of crap on you or your followers?

Try clearing it out. Worked for me, and I'd been banging my head against a brick wall for weeks.

That didn't sound stupid, a suggestion is a suggestion.

Why would it effect new games? Besides this latest playthrough I'm a light armored mage with no followers, she still has the problem when she has loads of room. Taking up about 101 out of 300 weight.

Oh because cleverer people than me in this thread have seemingly narrowed it down to a graphical performance thing, not a scrit//engiene thing.

I'm just throwing out potential solutions, to potential causes of 'stutter' there's so many cases of it in Skyrim :(

Mine sounded just like yours, but was fixed by a totally different thing. Crazy. I still wish you luck

did you just install the 1.9 patch? cause i finally did yesterday and after updating all of the unofficial patchs i have notice this stutter in my game. even though after playing for months with out seeing this stutter at all, i now have it and cant get rid of it. but im on a nvidia gfx card but i use to be ATI user. but every game out can be gfx driver sensitive though i learn back when SoC came out or S.T.A.L.K.E.R shadow of Chernobyl it ran well depending on what gfx driver i had installed. my system is in my sigg , but it is strange that i have this stutter only after i updated to the 1.9 patch

did you just install the 1.9 patch? cause i finally did yesterday and after updating all of the unofficial patchs i have notice this stutter in my game. even though after playing for months with out seeing this stutter at all, i now have it and cant get rid of it. but im on a nvidia gfx card but i use to be ATI user. but every game out can be gfx driver sensitive though i learn back when SoC came out or S.T.A.L.K.E.R shadow of Chernobyl it ran well depending on what gfx driver i had installed. my system is in my sigg , but it is strange that i have this stutter only after i updated to the 1.9 patch

I'm going to uninstall and update to the update from before 1.9 to see if the problem occurs.