Renaming a Container.

arsonance

Is there a way or a mod that allows me to rename containers? Something that bothers me is having tons of room to store things, and (me being a sort of forgetful type) forgetting what goes where. I've tried various things I've found on the internet but nothing worked. any help?

I think the console command 'SetActorFullName <YourNameHere>' (without the quote marks or brackets) is meant for NPCs. If you were going to give it a try on a container you'd want to have a good save from immediately before you try. Open the console and click on the container. If the command isn't supposed to be used on a container it will probably give you an error.

What I do myself is put one of the type of item on top of the chest or barrel (so an unenchanted blade on my weapons container, enchanted cuirass or boots on my enchanted armor container etc.). Kinda' dresses things up a bit too.

I think the console command 'SetActorFullName <YourNameHere>' (without the quote marks or brackets) is meant for NPCs. If you were going to give it a try on a container you'd want to have a good save from immediately before you try. Open the console and click on the container. If the command isn't supposed to be used on a container it will probably give you an error.

What I do myself is put one of the type of item on top of the chest or barrel (so an unenchanted blade on my weapons container, enchanted cuirass or boots on my enchanted armor container etc.). Kinda' dresses things up a bit too.

It must be. worked on one of the imp guards in Frostcrags basement, but not one of the chests. Seems like a neat idea you have there. I'll give it a shot

Only downside to it is if you use CM Partners and leave any of them in your house. Some are truly klepto and will keep picking up your 'display' piece.

I use the same trick to mark wilderness containers that don't respawn once I've identified them (e.g. the barrel at the upper level of Fort Empire ... to the right as you face the statue, the chest to the left respawns). I use three iron arrows in a quiver to mark them as NPCs won't bother picking up arrows if they get jumped by a bad guy but they will grab any weapon laying about near by (I've even seen one run upstairs from the road at Fort Empire to grab a mace I was using as a marker).