Left Eye Eye Patch

VT08

Well, there's already an eye patch in-game (as well as a mod that makes it playable), but frankly, I feel it detracts from the realism quite a bit when they try to look through a scope or iron sights with a patch blocking their view! As such, I'd like to see an eye patch that fits over the left eye instead of the right. I imagine this could be accomplished by mirroring the regular eye patch in a 3D program, though I imagine some additional work would have to be done to get it to reflect environmental lighting properly.

Also, an additional, more personal request that is related to the first...

I'm looking for something a bit different stylistically than the regular eye patch, and it can be seen in the images attached to this post. The actual patch is more or less the same, but it has two straps instead of one, with the second strap going across below the eye, as in the images. The black and white image is some concept art of the character for which the patch is intended (a unique companion that I'll be working on a combination quest/house mod for and hopefully releasing in the near future). The photo of the girl in the club shows the style of patch that it's loosely based on, and the Oblivion screenshot shows a similar piece of gear, though the straps are thicker than what I have in mind.

I'm aware that it may be a bit difficult to make without clipping problems (as with the Oblivion screen). As such I would like it to be fitted to a specific head, so if anyone's interested in helping with that, the character's face is based off of the Antagonizer (without the mask :biggrin: ), and aside from a few modifications to the size of the eyes, nose, and texture, the face is almost identical in shape. If it'll help, I'll send a plugin with the NPC's head/face, though I'll have to do it after I have received a replacement part for my computer (can't access the files in the meantime).

Anyway, thanks for your time and consideration, and for reading this lengthy post. :thumbsup:

"it detracts from the realism quite a bit when they try to look through a scope or iron sights with a patch blocking their view"

-same thoughts I had the first time I tried using an eye-patch on one of my characters. I haven't used one since.

Archived