Re-install issue

I re-installed The Witcher 2 yesterday and when it asked for the activation code, I could not enter it. I pressed OK and then I had to download the "patch Downloader" Program. Unfortunately after a few seconds the message comes up that the files cant be downloaded... check your internet connection or retry. Needless to say - after multiple tries, I still cant download this program and i still can't enter my activation code. I am not sure how to fix this problem - now I am unable to play the game! Can anyone help?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Activation code is not required, you just need to patch to at least version 1.35.

The automated patching was down for a few days because of a server problem, but should be working now. If you ever have problems again, just manually update.

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone.

I'm new here and probably this is not the correct thread where asking my question. If so, I apologize, but it concerns a strange behaviour of the game after a re-installing.
Recently, I had to change the HDD where I collect all my games, due to hardware failure; it was not the OS HDD so i did not loose neither the saves nor the mods (luckily I made a backup on my desktop!!)

I re-installed the game from the original DVD's, I patched it to version 3.4 and then install the mods. No problems at all.
Then, I set the game from the launcher and launch the game: nothing. I searched windows logs, finding no errors, and from task manager I see that launcher.exe is running, slowly increasing and decreasing the usage of memory.
Till now, I made various attempts to launch. The last started this morning at around 10.30 AM and is still running. I thought it needed some time to re-register all the mods (mainly graphic ehnancements) but this is turning too much long!!!

Could anyone help me? I really wish to complete this beautiful game
Thanks in advance.