Skyrim nexus site (and only skyrim) very very slow

RegM

Guest deleted3438595

Same just happened again now. trying to get a Bounty hunting mod and it just tells me to check my internet hawever the internet is fine. I even went on youtube later on WTF just skyrim too

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on Nexus for about four years now (previously I used another modding site that I can't even remember the name of anymore). My only complaint is the instability of the server performance. Slowness doesn't bother me if it's consistent, but when a site runs wicked fast but will randomly screech to a halt at least twice a week (sometimes lasting 12+ hours each time) it is quite grating. There always seem to have been server issues. Though my gaming servers were hefty, and I worked on a site that had 20k uniques a day, I haven't worked with servers of the same massive level that Nexus does. Stabilizing for this amount of traffic is difficult, something usually reserved for only the most professional of tech companies, news companies, etc. Finding someone who knows how to make this stuff scalable and stable, and isn't going to charge you ridiculous prices is just about impossible.