Skyrim nexus site (and only skyrim) very very slow

RegM

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been on and off for several weeks. In spite of all the attempts to improve performance, my impression is that it has actually been declining over time. Servers disappear and reappear even when it's mostly working. The most recent attempt to improve performance was not successful, and the changes were rolled back. It requires a lot of patience to use the Nexus now.

Crazy Skyrim Mods Nexus. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You have to wonder what's going on behind the scenes. Are they bringing the servers up and down to do things, or do the servers have issues that cause them to go offline on their own? It used to be problematic primarily on the weekends. Now it can be an almost daily phenomenon. The current web site architecture seems inadequate to meet the demand gracefully. Everyone donate or buy a premium membership. These problems can all be solved with more funding.

Seems everything related to the nexus has been really bad for me the last 2-3 days, to the point I couldn't even log into the NMM (had to retry 2 times). Downloading mods gives error (file doesn't exist) and it needs to be restarted a few times before it actually works. Like everyone else slow with bad gateway errors.

Western US (CA) using chrome and firefox doesn't seem to make a difference