Skyrim nexus site (and only skyrim) very very slow

RegM

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the premium plan because I thought it was just poor performance for not being a premium member, but even after becoming a premium member, the page still loads terribly slow, the downloads are still error ridden, the downloads are not working in the installer and I can't get them even download manually because the site is so sluggish.

I now know why I had previously thought I would NEVER pay for premium service on a site and here I decided to 'try' it out and it turns out it was a just a huge waste of money.

Im having similar and identical problems as everyone else who posted in this forum and I can assure you, unless it starts to magically work at even a bearable degree, then I'll never pay for premium membership on site like this again.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issues.

Why would I go to a different site to download for a while when I've paid for a premium membership at this site?

I could understand if I hadn't paid but premium members shouldn't have to put up with this.

Kick the people downloading for free and maybe they will pony up for memberships.

I'm having the same issues.

Why would I go to a different site to download for a while when I've paid for a premium membership at this site?

I could understand if I hadn't paid but premium members shouldn't have to put up with this.

Kick the people downloading for free and maybe they will pony up for memberships.

and when everybody does it'll be slow again... and then what? kick guys like you for being jerks to free up the server?

it's just because they're getting so much traffic right? as far as i know this isn't a multi billion dollar company that can just whack on 5times as many servers or connections at peak times. why don't you go download form somewhere else for a little while.

That's a perfectly fine idea, but can anyone recommend other sources that are as up-to-date? I appreciate the Nexus sites for what they do, but only reason I use it is because this is where the modders go to put their stuff first it seems. Steam workshop was always behind on updates or missing some of the big mods entirely in the past...

Edit: For example, Falskaar does not seem to be available on Steam Workshop at all, for whatever reason... This mod is what had me back playing Skyrim and needing to update my other mods.

Edited by degro

Indeed, the site loads very slowly and can at most times display an error. I have no exact information about what is causing this. My closest clue would be that the server is overloaded or has some kind of configuration/error problem which is causing these irritating closures and long time intervals.