Skyrim nexus site (and only skyrim) very very slow

RegM

Probably pirates who got banned for being internet dicks. Now they have their revenge. Pathetic beings.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess in some ways it's a relief to find that it isn't just me that's unable to download mods... or should I say specific mods. Some download fast and without incident, others I can't even get to the Files tab on the mod page. Would be nice if these files were hosted somewhere else, available on mirror sites.

Funny thing is, the server seems to get infinitely worse when the American continent is revealed to daylight. In other words America wakes up. In regular European time especially from morning till around 5 pm the download and site speed is reasonable and even good. But after 6 pm you can notice the traffic increases, and suddenly non stop bad gateway.

I've observed this 3 days in a row for now. Either the DDOS kiddies are mostly based in the American continent or the DDOS infected computers in the network are mostly located there, either way it seems related. However my knowlegde is rather limited about those kind of attacks so I may be wrong.

Edited by Fewt

@Fewt: or the hackers are in Asia somewhere (or anywhere else) and are timing their attacks to be most disruptive when North Americans are awake...or when their band width is cheapest, or (Any number of possibilities here.)

correlation≠causation

Well it has been said before on the main page that DDoS attacks were to be expected around this time. Especially since it summer holidays in many countries. Too bad that some of them like to stay up holed in their home and just DDoS a server which others use. Oh well, Some day they will run out of gas and question their activities.