Cloak and Dagger (Thieves)

foxhoman

I've played a couple of thieves in my 350+ hours in Skyrim, and my favorite are archers, mainly because its safer and easier to remain undetected from a distance rather then a throat slitter. But since I've played two or three of those, I thought I'd try to play a throat slitter instead. I've got several mods, like Nernie's Thief Pack and Sneak Tools, but I was wondering if someone could maybe make a few daggers (hence the name) for thieves.

I've got some sweet daggers, again through other mods, but I've found myself at a loss with lower end daggers you would expect from the not-so-well connected thieves of Skyrim. For example in the 'Immersive Weapons' mod there are daggers like the Asuma Blade, Orgnum's Dagger and even Sithis's Short Blade. But they're all fancy-dancy, which I would expect from say, the leader of the Thieves Guild, but not from a random pickpocket on the streets of whiterun.

There is one dagger from Immersive Weapons though, which is the 'Black Sting' dagger which I find to be very attractive for this type of character. But that's just still one dagger and severely restricts the appreciation of variety, which is mainly why I'm asking for someone to make a couple of low class daggers for this character.

So I though in terms of appearance, these daggers could be older looking, and made of lower grade materials (Iron, steel, etc) with a bit of rust or dirt on it, with a couple of nicks in the blade. Maybe the over all look of it similar to the Ebony dagger or Orcish dagger but with different textures so they look like iron or lower grade steel, and of a rougher look like it was amaturely forged and sold cheap under the table or in a back alley deal.

Although, the one thing I do ask, is that their damage scales to the finer materials like Dragonbone, so that later at higher levels I'm not using iron weapon damage against tougher enemies. Like maybe you can craft the same dagger, but in each of the material trees.

So that's my idea. Sorry for it being so long, but I thought it would be better to provide extra information about my idea rather then be really vague.

If there is a mod like this (not that one has turned up in my searching) I would be more then pleased if someone could point me to it.

Sincerely

-FoxHoman

There's a dagger in the Jaysus Swords pack that looks like a generic dagger, its also just called "dagger" so that adds to its bland and generic-ness lol.

as for weapon damage, I'm pretty sure it deals somewhere in the steel sword family. Sorry bout that, maybe your thief could learn a bit of smithing and temper it? lol

Edited by Tehandyman

• 2 years later...