⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Mod version numbers contaning letters issue.

26otherside

Vortex Version: 1.3.22

Due to a colossal f.. up I had to manually reinstall all my mods from archives, which wasn't too much of a problem.

Vortex was able to guess the IDs and version numbers of most of the mods however in some cases there were no version numbers or the version numbers were wrong.

Where the version numbers are just numbers and periods I was able to easily manually set the correct version.

However for mods that have versions with with a letter Vortex seems to have some sort of problem.

For example NVTF(https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66537?tab=files) latest version is currently 9.9.1c.

After installing the mod I am able to set the version to 9.9.1c in the user interface of Vortex however a orange error icon appears next to the version number.

The version shows up correctly in the version tab next to the mod as 9.9.1c however if I check for an update Vortex will report the mod is outdated.

If I uninstall the mod and reinstall it directly from the mods website through the mod manager link the version is set to 9.9.1c without any issues.

TL;DR Vortex does not allow setting version numbers with letters in them.

Edit: Also seems if the mod version is for example 1.0 Vortex is not happy with this and wants a format of 1.0.0 which again makes Vortex think an update is necessary for that mod, installing the mod from the website again will set the version to 1.0 and be fine with it.

Edited by 26otherside