oblivion in fallout

pong12345

Ok call me crazy but would it be possible to change washington into Cyrodill. I know it would defeat the purpose of playing fallout but it would be realy cool to play. If someone could give me instructions on how to do this or create a mod i'd realy apreciate it. I'm not a hardcore modder myself and i'd be lost without help. i'm good with modifying (not creating) meshes though so if anybody needs something i in return i can help.

• 3 weeks later...

well considering Follout 3's engine is an inproved version of oblivion's it would be great to have that extra muscle to handle the old and slow oblivion game... in the other hand, many things were changed with this engine, such as the nif version, body regions, and... some other things i do not recall at the time... so it means that we would not have the old oblivion mods available in this new version, and everyone knows that playing vanilla oblivion...well... sucks (i play with over 200 mods together)

maybe in a future time we get an oficcial oblivion update... or maybe a shiny brand new Elder Scrolls V with a further inproved engine...

Copyright issues shouldn't be a problem.

It would only make sense that you would have to have Oblivion to use such a mod, unless you want to have the mod be a 5 gigabyte download. Nah it would have to use some kind of separate program or batch process to pull the map/models/textures from an existing Oblivion installation already on the players system. Once the files were copied over then you could uninstall oblivion.

As for mods, well sure that would be a drawback. But at the same time many of the armor/weapon packs may still be ok to use if the Falloblivion mod accounts for them and takes steps to provide compatibility. Also, while making such a mod it should be possible to improve vanilla oblivion quite a bit, removing the need for some mods such as the distant LOD mods, better water, etc.. Certain mods though were so important to my enjoyment of Oblivion though, such as Deadly Reflex, so I would hope that the functionality of some of the essentials could implemented out of the box by the Falloblivion mod itself.

It would be pretty cool but I think it would take so major modifications of the Fallout 3 engine before some of Oblivions features could be implemented, like multi-part armors, magic system, a reworking of the stealth system, completely different stats and skill systems, etc. etc..

A massive undertaking to say the least. I would rather see a TC that was really just an original TC. Real Total Conversions are so rare these days. I often see collections of little tweaks called TCs nowadays for other games :( Anyone ever played the Aliens TC for Doom 2? That was real TC! The Evil Dead TC for Doom 2 was sweet too.. Those were the days..

I don't know what the actual details of the Morroblivion ban were, I don't know about when or why it was banned. But by following the methods I outlined above the Morroblivion project is alive and well and coming along quite nicely at present. The key is that none of the copyrighted content of Morrowind will be distributed, you must have Morrowind installed on your system and their setup will just move files from your legal Morrowind installation over to your legal Oblivion installation. A program that does such file moving can not possibly be legally banned by any company because it could function as a stand alone app that is all original code.

At the very worst they could find legal fault because moving those files somehow goes against the legal terms of the games in question, but that would be a pretty tough case to make legally because it involves you not being allowed to move files around on your own computer which is absurd and I doubt it would stand in court. Even then they could just make the file moving app not move those files by default unless the user changes a line in the file moving app's config file, that way they can't possibly be legally kept from distributing their file moving app and the one minor change required to make it work would not be a problem for the users. In any case, there are so many easy loopholes for a project like this that if people are really motivated to make it, there is nothing Beth (or anyone else) could legally do to stop it.

Anyway, the proof is in the pudding, so go see for yourself at http://morroblivion.com/

It would be even better if they could get Oblivion and Morrowind both with robust mod support and script extender support all into Fallout 3. I mean that would be a serious undertaking but c'mon.. That would just ROCK!

http://morroblivion.com/faq <- banned? ... read for yourself.

It's possible to 'add' another map and keep the original too...

Ok I looked at the faq there and this is what it said:

"Morroblivion was only shut down on the official forums, and hosting of it on TES Nexus was taken down at Bethesda's request, due to some apparent licensing issues with using textures from Morrowind in Oblivion. Work on the project is still going on, however."

Work is going on.. There is no way in hell Beth can legally stop this project because it is not even a mod itself. It is ONLY an APPLICATION that consists of original code and it contains NOTHING that beth has any claim to.

Windows Explorer (an integral part of windows), and 1000s of other file manager apps can be used to copy files from Morrowind to Oblivion, so what is oblivion going to shut down Microsoft and every other file copying/converting utility out there. The most that beth can do is politely ask that people don't do it.. TES Nexus politely agreed not to do it (of their own free will). The people working on the project have NOT agreed not to, and are still working on it. There is nothing that beth can possibly do to stop them (short of sending some thugs to burn there houses down - not likely, or bribing them with money to stop - even less likely).

have to admit it would be asawm imagen doing Dark Brotherhood quests in VATS that'd be somthing.

Porting assets from Oblivion to Fallout 3 is a bit of an undertaking, so how about starting out doing Dark Brotherhood quests but in the Fallout 3 universe? :D

Archived