Rework of existing Mod

Luisian320

Hello everyone!
I personally have 0 experience with modding Fallout 4, however ive stumbled upon a mod called "Destination Run and Gun" [ https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26711 ] which I would love to add a few features and rework. I HAVE asked the mod author whether he was okay with it, and all he said was "I got the stuff from some other dude, ask him", however that other dude has been banned since 2018 or so and I could not find any other active profile by him where I could contact him. IF you happen to read this, DDProductions83 , please contact me so I can officially ask for your permission to have your data modified. Also, shoutout to Cancerous1, who is currently hosting this mod on the Nexus.

Now, on to the topic: What this mod currently does, is it a.) heavily increases respawn rates for enemies (could respawn within 5 minutes to 30 minutes, configurable by MCM) b.) makes it so that the enemies drops appear as pick-ups and destiny-styled engrams (toggleable in the MCM). What the Engrams contain is randomly assigned by leveled lists, however follow a certain pattern. There are 5 colours of engrams. White, Green, Blue, Yellow/Orange and Purple as well as two kinds of pick-ups, those being health (gives you a 10-20% health regeneration, like a stimpack) and ammo (randomly assigned by leveld list what kind of ammo you get, might need a rework to work only with ammo types required by weapons in your inventory/favourited).

White is for ressources like Adhesive, Ballistic Fiber, Wood, Aluminum.
Green is for Aid and Explosives, so Stim-Packs, Bourbon and other alcoholics, Rad-away or Rad-X, Psycho, jet etc. as well as Grenades and Mines.
Blue is for unmodified equipment dropped by semi-randomly picking an item from the leveld list
Orange is for heavily modified equipment that isnt legendary.
Purple is legendary gear, both Armour and Weapons
Regular loot on enemies corpses is "deleted" (Which may cause issues with quest items that were worked around by simply adding dropped quest items to your inventory immediatly, few buggy exceptions there like Kellogs stuff however)

Now, every enemy will drop at least some pick-ups, white and green engrams. The pick-ups are, well, picked up by simply walking over them, whereas for every single engram you have to pick them up manually, much like you would pick up dropped weapons by enemies, so you gotta walk over to them, look at them, press E, walk over to the next etc. This takes away from the Intended Run-And-Gun Playstyle (always having something to kill, while looting happens on its own)

Therefore my request: If any modder would be so kind to work a little on this mod, I have a few ideas that could breath new life into it and make it a really interesting, more action-oriented, playstyle.
I.e. if one enemy dropped multiple white and green engrams, why not just turn them all into one single engram that give you both/all items that each individual engram wouldve given you. Or make it so that you have the toggle-option in the MCM that would enable certain colours of engrams to be picked up automatically, much like the Ammo and Health-pickups. The idea with the Ammo-Pickup further up might be worth looking into either. Being able to choose when which kind of ammo will be dropped might be helpful in some instances too, or disable certain ammo types entirely (having 5000 unused 10mm and .38 ammo and 2000 shotgun shells in my inventory after 2 hours of play but only 600ish 5.56 and Plasma Cells). Maybe work in a multiplicator for health and ammo-pickups based on what level of the scrounger/doctor perks you have. Additionally, maybe make it so that bottle caps are also dropped by enemies as a pick-up instead of a green engram, which might also be affected by the Fortune Finder perk.

As I said, I have literally 0 experience with creating or altering Fallout 4 mods, otherwise Id look into it myself. If any kind Mod creator would be willing to give it a shot, PLEASE feel free to contact me via DM or reply to this post.